• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brown and Sarkozy show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brown and Sarkozy show

More miraculous conjuring tricks with imaginary money;

linky

So here´s the plan;

1 borrow money to subsidize banks
    2 tax said subsidized banks to get back the borrowed money you lent them
    3 use it to subsidize foreign governments to do something about CO2
    4 borrow money to give unemployment benefits to all those ex taxpayers who lost their jobs
    5 return and repeat

FFS, when will someone give these cretins a lesson in basic economics? Perhaps at the very least prevent these two men being in the same room at the same time, before they bankrupt the whole of Europe?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Sarkozy will have the Germans to bail him out when France goes bankrupt, we'll be going to the IMF
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

£1.5bn to "fight climate change"...

I want to sign myself up for some of that!

Seriously, there must be big money to be made from being a Climate Change Consultant.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...countries.html

The European Union has agreed a £6.5 billion three-year package to fast-track the response to global warming in the poorest countries, of which Gordon Brown has pledged to provide £1.5 billion, it has been announced.

Thank god we are the richest country in Europe, the one with the least debt, the biggest surplus and the strongest economy. Otherwise we just couldn't afford it.

Comment

Gordon Brown is a complete tit and he should just sod off

Sarkozy is just french

I would not trust either of them with the contents of my kids piggy bank.

Comment

1.6 billion is peanuts compared to what King Canute spent on his round Britain 'Hold back the Tide' initiative of 1022.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...countries.html

The European Union has agreed a £6.5 billion three-year package to fast-track the response to global warming in the poorest countries, of which Gordon Brown has pledged to provide £1.5 billion, it has been announced.

Thank god we are the richest country in Europe, the one with the least debt, the biggest surplus and the strongest economy. Otherwise we just couldn't afford it.
              its only £1.5 billion. I am sure we can print that in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                £1.5bn to "fight climate change"...

I want to sign myself up for some of that!

Seriously, there must be big money to be made from being a Climate Change Consultant.
                Join the queue. A lot of scientists already have.

From the 2009 Queen's Speech:

Draft legislation will be published to make binding my Government's commitment to spend 0.7 per cent of national income on international development from 2013.
                What is "national income" here? GDP?

0.7 per cent of it is an awful lot of money, whichever precise figure they are talking about!
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  its only £1.5 billion. I am sure we can print that in one day.

I remember laughing at Dr Evil getting caught out in Austin Powers, by asking for what he thought was a lot of money (ONE MILLION DOLLARS!).

It now seems that a few billion pounds doesn't really amount to much.
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    1.6 billion is peanuts compared to what King Canute spent on his round Britain 'Hold back the Tide' initiative of 1022.

What about the ransom paid for King Richard...65000 pounds of silver.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X