• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interior decorators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior decorators

Anyone ever used the services of one to decorate a domestic property?

Moved into a new house and have 3 reception rooms that could do with sprucing up, also we need to buy quite a bit of the furniture. We just do not have the time to go about this in a dedicated manner and would like the place to look decent.

We are going to see 3 tomorrow ( Justin & Colin are not on the list ) and just wondered what to expect, can see myself getting fleeced.

yep you certainly will be

maybe just get a painter and decorator and stop being some poncey??

Comment

It stands a chance as o-PM said.

But good luck anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Moved into a new house and have 3 reception rooms that could do with sprucing up, also we need to buy quite a bit of the furniture. We just do not have the time to go about this in a dedicated manner and would like the place to look decent.

We are going to see 3 tomorrow ( Justin & Colin are not on the list ) and just wondered what to expect, can see myself getting fleeced.
        4 white walls and a picture of the Queen pride of place. Can't beat it
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Do you mean Interior Designers? My missus does this from time to time - she's done about half a dozen different people's rooms, mainly by word of mouth. You wouldn't think it would be expensive but the bill can mount up as you are paying for people's time. Try and get a fixed cost if you can.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Aye, that is what I meant, made a mistake there in the title.

I can see it being pretty pricey but if it is done well and I don't have to lift a finger then it could be worth it.

I'm going to pin them all down on charges and make sure they all know that we are looking at 3 and cost will be a consideration.

I have a sneaking feeling that they will recommend furniture from a company that will be giving them 'incentives' when they bring in trade.

Comment

I have a sneaking feeling that they will recommend furniture from a company that will be giving them 'incentives' when they bring in trade.
              Nowt wrong with that if it's decent quality and they pass some of their discount on...
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
              X