PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done anything stupid today?

mudskipper
11th December 2009, 16:05
I signed up for a half marathon. Yikes!

minestrone
11th December 2009, 16:09
Decided not to take my latptop on the train so I could read a SEO book and then forgot the book.

threaded
11th December 2009, 16:16
Forgot girly was in the back seat and started testing the limits of grip in a Citroen Xantia (well, it ain't my car and I wanted to know what they're like) :devil

She's being remarkably quiet in the lounge watching snooker right now.

I'm hiding here in my office...

Jeebo72
11th December 2009, 16:18
Didn't have the 4th pint at lunch. Wish I had now, as really bored.

Clippy
11th December 2009, 16:21
Forgot girly was in the back seat and started testing the limits of grip in a Citroen Xantia (well, it ain't my car and I wanted to know what they're like) :devil

She's being remarkably quiet in the lounge watching snooker right now.

I'm hiding here in my office...

Sounds like a keeper! :eyes

HairyArsedBloke
11th December 2009, 16:26
Anyone done anything stupid today?

I do stupid things everyday.

Pinto
11th December 2009, 16:40
Got £100 out of the cash machine, and walked away without the money.

moorfield
11th December 2009, 16:51
I've just missed my flight home. Oh clucking bells tulipy tulip.

mudskipper
11th December 2009, 17:05

Ouch - someone's lucky day.

OwlHoot
11th December 2009, 17:11
Ouch - someone's lucky day.

I did that in the West End, and the machine whisked it back in before any scrote could grab it.

Mich the Tester
11th December 2009, 17:11
Bought a newspaper at the station this morning, walked to the coffee kiosk to get a coffee, put the paper down to stir the coffee then got on the train without the newspaper.

DimPrawn
11th December 2009, 17:21

I did that yesterday! But only for £30.

Dumb or what?

HairyArsedBloke
11th December 2009, 17:36
I've just missed my flight home. Oh clucking bells tulipy tulip.

I did that by a whole week once. How ex-mrs HAB laughed. However, I called up BA executive club and they revalidated my ticket and at the airport I blagged a free upgrade too. Which was nice.

SuperZ
11th December 2009, 21:06
I got out of bed this morning, oh how I hate winter. Big mistake:moon:

Doggy Styles
11th December 2009, 22:28
I went to a funeral today, an aunt-in-law. I and the deceased woman's daughters were chatting to the vicar outside the crem and I piped up with how their mother liked to play "corks", (a game like musical chairs except you had to grab a cork from the table and the person who didn't get one was out), and said she had sharp nails and usually cut someone or other.

The vicar said "Oh, I must learn to play that" and I said "Yeah, luckily you're safe now." There was an awkward silence until I excused myself.

Boudica
11th December 2009, 22:47
i'm a lazy bored student so i look for ways to waste time...looking up rude words on this

http://www.orbilat.com/Languages/French/Vocabulary/French-Uncensored.html

then listening them being said here

http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

i know, i'm really a teenage boy trapped in a woman's body:emb

RichardCranium
11th December 2009, 22:54
I'm really a teenage boy trapped in a woman's body.Then the good news is that you have died and gone to Heaven. You jammy sod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG63OtsKC7k).

Boudica
11th December 2009, 22:57
Then the good news is that you have died and gone to Heaven.

LOL! i wish!

i'm just shocked at what passes as amusement these days :frown

VectraMan
12th December 2009, 00:13
I wrote this:

double angle = atan(y2-y1)/(x2-x1);

And then spent ages trying to hunt down the bug that I was convinced was in the rest of the code.

True story.

NotAllThere
12th December 2009, 08:09
I did something stupid yesterday. And now I've got a headache.

oracleslave
12th December 2009, 08:21
I signed up for a half marathon. Yikes!

I signed up for a Paris to Geneva cycle.

threaded
12th December 2009, 08:47
Sounds like a keeper! :eyes

Revenge has arrived...

Apparently the cleaners haven't been doing a good enough job, so she's taken it into her head to set about cleaning the bookshelves in my office.

It'll take weeks before I get everything back to its ordered disorder. :eek

Pinto
12th December 2009, 09:26
I did that in the West End, and the machine whisked it back in before any scrote could grab it.

It was early in the morning, in a small village, on a an old machine. I grabbed a coffee round the corner and only when I came to pay did I realise I missed out the crucial step but by then, perhaps 2 minutes later, the money had gone. I waited until the bank opened but when I told them that I'd heard that's what cash machines do, and that's why I was waiting for them, they looked at me as if in disbelief that I could be so naive. Complete myth, they said, Someone's lucky day!

Taking another £100 out made me think how much stuff I do whilst in dreamland, leaving a lot of it to what I thought was my trusty auto-pilot.

Pogle
12th December 2009, 09:40
Today we shall be buying a christmas tree- which will not look overly large when set against the background of all the other trees on offer, however when it is delivered it will fill the living room and appear to have doubled in size.

It happens every year :emb

The_Equalizer
12th December 2009, 09:48
Today we shall be buying a christmas tree- which will not look overly large when set against the background of all the other trees on offer, however when it is delivered it will fill the living room and appear to have doubled in size.

It happens every year :emb

Buy a tree with roots. They're always small and they live after Christmas.

Pogle
12th December 2009, 09:50
Buy a tree with roots. They're always small and they live after Christmas.

Oh no they dont :emb

The_Equalizer
12th December 2009, 09:53
Oh no they dont :emb

Actually I'll give you that one. Robert the Spruce (2007) made it until February and unnamed (2008) made it till mid-March which was when he was planted in the gf's garden.

The_Equalizer
12th December 2009, 09:54
Forgot to add that they are still small which does solve your problem (at twice the cost).