• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As easy as riding a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As easy as riding a bike

The most powerful man in the worrld needs a cycling proficiency test..

Bush bruised in bicycle crash

George Bush has collided with a police officer during a bike ride on the grounds of the Scottish hotel hosting the G8 summit.
    The US president suffered scrapes on his hands and arms and was treated by a White House doctor, his spokesman said.

The Scottish police officer, on security duty, was sent to hospital to be treated for a minor ankle injury.

Mr Bush, celebrating his 59th birthday, was said to be going at a "pretty good speed" when he fell from his bike.

It was lightly raining at the time of the accident and Mr Bush slid onto the road, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

Accident prone?

The doctor bandaged the grazes and Mr Bush was taken back to the summit venue in a van.

It did not prevent him attending a dinner with other leaders of the world's most powerful nations, hosted by the Queen.

Mr Bush took up cycling seriously after a knee injury forced him to give up running some years ago.

This is not the president's first accident.

In May 2004, he was badly grazed after falling off his mountain bike during a ride at his Texas ranch and, in June 2003, he fell off his hi-tech Segway scooter.

In January 2002, he grazed his cheek after choking on a pretzel and fainting.

Ah, you beat me to it! I was going to call the thread "Frank Spencer of Statesmen".

For what it's worth

My favourite quote...
    "In 2002, Mr Bush fainted and fell off his sofa in the White House when he choked on a pretzel while watching American football."
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
    X