• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last trackday of the year for Middle Germans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last trackday of the year for Middle Germans

Hi all
    I know a few of you live/work in the middle of Germany.
    As I have recently gotten a new (to me) car and I have seen that Hockenheimring http://www.hockenheimring.net/termine has an open trackday tomorrow from 10:00 to 15:00 where you can get 15 minutes of access for 12€, I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for a chat and a drive. Could be fun....

whaddayasay guys and girls

cheers
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Didn't see this until now otherwise I would have been up for it, then again looking at all the white stuff on the ground outside I'm not too sure now! If you go, be careful with your new car and let us know how you get on.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I went down there - the wife and kids joined in the family car.
      The snow did make me think twice but I wanted to at least go and look at the others and there are always some cool cars to look at.

And on the way down there are some very nice stretches of autobahn. My car pulls with gusto from 140-175 km/h :-)

When we arrived it seemed like it had not snowed at all at the track. I paid my 12€ and went onto the track behind some very serious machinery and some locals in racing-kitted Golfs.

There was a wide dry line around the whole track and the rest was only moist - not properly wet.

We set of and I had a great time. I was quite slow but I was learning things about my car, the level of grip in my winter tyres and I was having a lot of fun.

There were a few crazies who spun several times but I did not see that or get implicated in it.

All in all it was a great half day out and something I will use in the future to become a better driver.

Comment

Great, maybe we should have gone. Instead we went to the Weihnachtsmarkt in Michelstadt up in the Odenwald where at points it snowed quite heavily and the roads did get a bit white. Very nice and picturesque albeit heaving with busloads of old codgers.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

hehe - your trip sounds good too....

we can always organize a trip to Hockenheim or Nürburgring in the spring.
          And I am always up for just meeting up and seeing your Bimmer-Special.

Comment

Working...
          X