• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown's Bottomless Budgets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown's Bottomless Budgets

Growth forecast slashed

What a f***ing muppet. I can literally hear the consensual sighs of, "I told you so," coming from gleeful and smug Conservatives. Maybe Joe Public will wake up to the fact that he is not such an economic supremo, but has caught a lucky wave and has been surfing the momento of British consumerism for far too long.

Shut up and keep borrowing and spending for ffs.

Cheers,

G. Brown.

Comment

Comment

To be fair hes done great to keep growth going for eight years on the trot. And weve all got jobs and cash in the bin. Whats the problem?

Comment

Yes, we all have jobs and cash to boot. But to give him the credit

hes done great to keep growth going for eight years
          is insane. On the other hand, if we find ourselves in a weaker position over the next five years I certainly will give him the credit.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer
            To be fair hes done great to keep growth going for eight years on the trot. And weve all got jobs and cash in the bin. Whats the problem?
            For 9 out of 10 Brits:

Growth? Not in manufacturing or the service industry, so where this growth is (financial? Oil?) I don't know.
            Jobs? in Tescos and Asda, yes.
            Cash? Huge credit burden and debt, yes

Brown is almost as big a ****** as Bliar.

Comment

Bowns Pre-Budget

22 instance's of 'fairness'

10 instances of 'fairer'

20 instance's of 'fair'

also saw that we are in the firing line again:

"promotes fairness in the tax system, including action to tackle tax fraud and tax motivated incorporation…."

Comment

Cutting to the Chase...

"...the chancellor said the UK economy remained stable".

In order to demonstrate how stable the UK economy is, the following measures will be undertaken...

- Growth forecast halved to 1.75%
                - Doubling of tax on North Sea oil companies' profits
                - Proposed new tax on land sale profits
                - Extending the economic cycle by further two years
                - More 'shared equity' schemes for first time buyers

Still, even patients on life support machines are often described as "stable".
                I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer
                  The ecomony had been doing very well for many years before Butch Blair and Sundance Brown took the reigns. Employment was increasing but public service employment dropped by a huge amount. Under B&B we've lost half a million manufacturing jobs and gained about 700K public sector jobs. Pulic sector output has grown significantly less than expenditure which has increased a lot. House and road building have been at record lows and now we have a housng shortage that propels consumer spending. And we have 300K Poles a year entering the UK, keeping the housingmarket and hence the consumer boom going. Anyone still wonder why they like immigration? Industry is complaining about the taxation and regulation burden which is becoming excessive.

They followed Tory spending plans in the first term and haven't done anything outrageous like repeal Tory union laws or nationalise anything that moves. But, bureacracy has increased massively. IT contractors are now taxed massively (as a permie) but without the rights of a permie. You can't park anywhere anymore without paying at a meter or drive anywhere without hitting a speed bump or encountering a speed camera all due to central governent policy imposed on local government. Violent crime is high.

But at least you can get pissed out of your tiny little mind 24/7 to kill the pain. Or have 500 joints on you for when you need a toke and not fear being done for dealing.

Hic.

Fungus.

Comment

Ah yes and record inheritance tax income, and 3% tax on most houses .. it goes on. Oooh, what's that hand doing fumbling in my pocket ... Gordon I've told you about that before ... ouch ...

Comment

Working...
                    X