• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tamiflu - what are you supposed to believe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamiflu - what are you supposed to believe?

New Scientist link.

BMJ criticisms of Tamiflu questioned

Governments have been stockpiling the antiviral drug oseltamivir as a defence against pandemic flu. Now the medical journal BMJ has claimed there is insufficient evidence that the drug prevents serious complications of flu to warrant the policy.

"Although billions have been spent on oseltamivir in the face of pandemic influenza," the journal states, investigators "found that the public evidence base for this global public health drug was fragmented and inconsistent".

But the doubts that BMJ casts over Tamiflu do not relate to the jobs it is meant to do in the pandemics for which it has been stockpiled. For these jobs, it is vital.
    It seems the media is becoming succesful in its battle to discredit science.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

3 ... 2 ... 1 ....

<BUMP!>

Ducks and runs for cover over here --->
    behind the Technojobs ad. --->
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Anyone who dares question the effectiveness of Tamiflu is clearly a pinko-commie-terrorist.

PS Did I mention that Mr Rumsfield is one of the key sharehoders of the company that licenses Tamiflu ??

Comment

Engineered with a short shelf life...

Comment

Tamiflu is so 2009. We want a 2010 drug.

Comment

They stockpiled Tamiflu for sole reason that in the event of 50% of voters dropping dead the Govt will look like it has done everything it could. IT does not even matter of Tamiflu was a placibo from this point of view.

Comment

Working...
            X