• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generous neighbours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generous neighbours

What is the most generous thing your neighbours have done for you?

With the news that Abu Dhabi has given Dubai $10billion to help get it out of the tulipe, linky, I wondered if anyone else had any generous neighbours.

Our neighbours brought us a tray of tea and biscuits when we were moving in, and a bottle of wine and welcome card the following day.

I have really nice neighbours
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

When we first got our house we spent 4 months getting the place owrked on, plumbing, bathroom, electrics, plastering, decorating and new floors.

Old lady next door was so helpful it was like having someone on site for us, she kept the spare key and was happy for the workmen to call round at her house to pick it up. she called us when there were any problems, When we were there ourselves at the weekend doing stuff she regularly invited us in for coffee or even lunch which was really nice considering it was winter and there was no heating in the house!

It really made a massive difference, with out her the entire process would have been a huge headache.

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        When we first got our house we spent 4 months getting the place owrked on, plumbing, bathroom, electrics, plastering, decorating and new floors.

Old lady next door was so helpful it was like having someone on site for us, she kept the spare key and was happy for the workmen to call round at her house to pick it up.
        How many of her secret cameras have you found so far

Comment

My neighbours have not only taken our washing in when it rained, but ironed it and put in back on the dining room table in a neatly folded pile!

We were out of the country when it was their golden wedding anniversary party, so when we came back they took us all out for dinner at a very nice hotel.

We were demolishing a rather substantial and long standing outbuilding in the heat of the summer of 2007, they appeared over the fence with a tray of iced drinks.

Sadly, Mr. Neighbour died last December, but Mrs. Neighbour continues to be wonderful, for example, she'll not only accept packages in our absence but she even brings them round instead of just waiting for us to collect them.

Since we moved in in 1997, they have been the perfect neighbours, helpful when you need it without being intrusive, always kind and thoughtful without ever asking for anything in return.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Everybody needs good neighbours. With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend. Neighbours should be there for one another: that's when good neighbours become good friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Our neighbours brought us a tray of tea and biscuits when we were moving in, and a bottle of wine and welcome card the following day.

I have really nice neighbours
              Maybe the people who moved out from the place you moved in were such terrible neighbours that you've benefited from it ...

Comment

my neighbour let me in at 2am then let me climb out of their spare bedroom window to cling on to the brick wall spiderman like so i could get into my flat after i lost my keys when drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                  my neighbour let me in at 2am then let me climb out of their spare bedroom window to cling on to the brick wall spiderman like so i could get into my flat after i lost my keys when drunk
                  Pity you didn't fall on your head, you could probably have sued them

Comment

My neighbours were friendly when I moved in, but now they drive past my house raking it with machine gun fire each time I step out of my front door, and at least once a week I wake up with a horse's head in my bed. I must have said something to offend them.

Wilmslow
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X