• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For all whisky buffs - the best whisky isn't from Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all whisky buffs - the best whisky isn't from Scotland

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...0-1831110.html

Even Bob Shawadiwadi has got in on the act with apparently a very creditable attempt. Just passing by Nicholas (posh offie for all you non-London plebs) I found a bottle of the Amrut Fusion, discounted to £25.
    I will report on it in due course
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6952266.ece

And the English are back.

Can't stand the stuff myself, must be my common palate.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

#2 worst hangover that I had was due to whisky, so not having it again. Granted that one I had was very cheap but still it reflects back on the product...

Comment

MrsB has just bought me a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel. SHould have been £55 but was knocked down to £16 as old stock.

It's not bad. Not as dense as the regular stuff, and you get more of the top and bottom notes that the regular stuff only hints at.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          #2 worst hangover that I had was due to whisky, so not having it again. Granted that one I had was very cheap but still it reflects back on the product...
          Yes your logic is shining through today.
          You don't fly because you once watched "Final Destination" and you won't drink whisky because you once got a hangover with some cheap stuff.
          Doh!

Nincompoop.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Interesting must try that but probably will be a little hard to get hold of.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Even the Germany are getting in on the act:

Viski

There is another one near me can't find the link
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Prefer this.

http://www.zamaretto.com/1/

Especially the blue one, which is the poshest.

Comment

I bought a small bottle of JD a while back, just to try as I don't think I'd had any since being a student. It was horrible. Worst whisk(e)y I've ever tasted.

I'll stick to Tesco* own brand scotch from now on.

*Not as bad as it sounds.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

So it's orrible stuff... or it gives me a awful hangover. Right.

Trying not drinking the imitation stuff then!

I've got a few bottles of cask strength whisky on the bookcase, which you let a we dab sit on your tongue before throwing it back and you'll enjoy a great flavour without the hangover.

Amateurs.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X