• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How dumb can you get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How dumb can you get?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8411976.stm

Own car with personalised number plate

That's almost in the same league as driving your quad bike up a railway line after a job & getting run over by a train.

James Snell, 27, of Cardiff, used his BMW with the number J4 MES to plan a raid on the Halifax, where he and accomplices stole £100,000.
    Obviously too young to have watched Z Cars, The Sweeney etc. In that era, any fule knu that you should nick a car for a bank job.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

10 years for stealing £100,000 - compare that with bank losses and nobody walked the plank for it

Comment

Now that would have been a great trial to do jury duty on. What a plonker.

(Although I am a little niggled that such a toerag has a nice Beemer with a personalised registration plate. Crime doesn't pay? Really?)
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Obviously too young to have watched Z Cars, The Sweeney etc. In that era, any fule knu that you should nick a car for a bank job.
          Prefrably a D type Jag as that's what the stuntmen prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Prefrably a D type Jag as that's what the stuntmen prefer.
            Probably more like a S-Type Jag, as the D-Types were and are worth serious cash.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              Probably more like a S-Type Jag, as the D-Types were and are worth serious cash.
              And nick the one with the small engine, handles better, way better. Top speed doesn't mean much in a chase believe it or not.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Now that would have been a great trial to do jury duty on. What a plonker.

(Although I am a little niggled that such a toerag has a nice Beemer with a personalised registration plate. Crime doesn't pay? Really?)
                Judging by the usual standard of driving I'd say he was brighter than the average driver of a bimmer with a pathetic "personal" plate.

Comment

A friend's parents named their son so that his initials matched the car reg they had at the time (which was a 1960 Rover). When he came to drive he had his own personalised number plate.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    A friend's parents named their son so that his initials matched the car reg they had at the time (which was a 1960 Rover). When he came to drive he had his own personalised number plate.
                    If my parents had kept a couple of their old plates they would have been worth quite a lot of money...

...eventually, but it didn't seem worth the cost and hassle at the time
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X