PDA

View Full Version : Please post something.

DimPrawn
14th December 2009, 14:54
Opinion, an idea, a decision you have made, any area you may have doubts about, especially related to scientific issues or with a statistical bias.

This is to allow sasguru to think up a "witty" insult, personalised specially for you.

Many thanks.

threaded
14th December 2009, 15:00
Opinion, an idea, a decision you have made, any area you may have doubts about, especially related to scientific issues or with a statistical bias.

This is to allow sasguru to think up a "witty" insult, personalised specially for you.

Many thanks.

Galileo: the European Satellite Navigation system, is currently claimed to be 4 years late. Statistically this is quite improbable. When you collect up all the plonkers that somehow managed to get an engineering degree, but not a proper job, i.e. a sufficiently large collection of :moon:gurus. it is no longer possible to determine how late a project will be beyond that it will be later than any of the people working on it can say.

BrilloPad
14th December 2009, 15:04

Many thanks.

I am told Murphy's law states that dropped bread will always land butter-side-up : until you want to eat it when it will land butter-side-down.

I hearby claim my free insult from sasguru. Or he could post something intelligent as he occasionally does.

Jeebo72
14th December 2009, 15:05
We tipped into the 6 pint lunch, so I can't be arsed.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:07
Opinion, an idea, a decision you have made, any area you may have doubts about, especially related to scientific issues or with a statistical bias.I think everyone should open their 'fridge door for an hour a day to help prevent global warming.

TimberWolf
14th December 2009, 15:14
I think everyone should open their 'fridge door for an hour a day to help prevent global warming.

And wind turbines should be installed on cars.

sasguru
14th December 2009, 15:16
I
I hearby claim my free insult from sasguru. Or he could post something intelligent as he occasionally does.

Lear to spell.

HTH

Jeebo72
And wind turbines should be installed on cars.

One of my cars has a fridge, is that ok?

DimPrawn
Lear to spell.

HTH

:laugh

Jeebo72
14th December 2009, 15:17
Lear to spell.

HTH

learn to **** off to somewhere you might be wanted.

sasguru
14th December 2009, 15:19
learn to **** off to somewhere you might be wanted.

Oooohhh 'ark at him!
Missus not putting out, or just too much booze?

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:22
What this country needs is a liberal Buddhist monarchy.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:25
I see Ireland is going to be forced by external forces to legalise abortion.

The Pill is also to be made available over the counter.

I predict that within a year, Ireland will overtake Britain in the teenage pregnancy league table.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:26
Prostitution should be legalised.

People that are registered disabled and very ugly people should get free humpy pumpy on prescription, provided they agree to be sterilised.

AtW
14th December 2009, 15:27

Many thanks.

Cretin!

sasguru

RichardCranium
The Israeli Army is better than hours because it has combat women in it.

sasguru
Prostitution should be legalised and disabled and very ugly people should get it for free on prescription.

You would get Dim's vote with that one.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:28
The Global Warming argument was made up by Jewish industrialists and Christian fundamentalists as a way of undermining the Moslem oil producing countries.

BrilloPad
14th December 2009, 15:28
Prostitution should be legalised and disabled and very ugly people should get it for free on prescription.

You have to be "disabled and very ugly"? Surely your mean or?

AtW
14th December 2009, 15:29
You would get Dim's vote with that one.

Is he a prostitute? :eek

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:30
There is no ethical or moral difference between farming dogs for their skins as there is farming pigs for their meat.

Therefore the fur trade should be encouraged.

sasguru
14th December 2009, 15:31
Is he a prostitute? :eek

Nah but given that he wears Rado watches and drives a Beemer, I'd say he was a pimp

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:31
Elephants tear down trees and made the African forests into poor savannah.

The poachers should be allowed to finish of wiping out the elephants for their ivory, then Africa can be used to grow oxygen-producing trees.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:33
You have to be "disabled and very ugly"? Surely your mean or?Edited for clarity and an even better idea:

Prostitution should be legalised.

People that are registered disabled and very ugly people should get free humpy pumpy on prescription, provided they agree to be sterilised.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:39
You should get your first vote when you get a job.

You should get another vote for having a 1st class degree or a masters degree.

You should get another vote when you turn 40. And another when you turn 65.

People who get honours from the Queen should get another vote.

Anyone leaving the Armed Forces gets an additional vote.

Being a member of a political party gets an additional vote.

Being a fellow of a professional body gets an additional vote.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:43
There should be curfews for children up to the age of 21 to reduce crime so that the Police wont have to be paid overtime and instead can walk the beat during the day. Then there won't be any crime.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:45
I know someone who had bad skin and she used homeopathy and it worked.

So alternative medicine should be provided on the NHS.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:46
People who want fertility treatment should be made to adopt an orphan instead. It just stands to reason.

DimPrawn
14th December 2009, 15:46
You should get your first vote when you get a job.

You should get another vote for having a 1st class degree or a masters degree.

You should get another vote when you turn 40. And another when you turn 65.

People who get honours from the Queen should get another vote.

Anyone leaving the Armed Forces gets an additional vote.

Being a member of a political party gets an additional vote.

Being a fellow of a professional body gets an additional vote.

I'd vote for that. Shit, wasted one of my votes. :tantrum:

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 15:47
Bored now.

shaunbhoy
14th December 2009, 15:58
This is to allow sasguru to think up a "witty" insult

Jeez, just how long are you going to allow for that?

Respect for getting "sasguru" and "think" into the same sentence though.

PorkPie
14th December 2009, 16:03
I'd vote for that. tulip, wasted all of my votes. :tantrum:

FTFY

[Edit: Assuming you're between 40 and 65]

Boudica
14th December 2009, 19:33
Jeez, just how long are you going to allow for that?

Respect for getting "sasguru" and "think" into the same sentence though.

LOL! LOL!:laugh

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 19:45
The 80:20 rule is never wrong and can be applied to all and any things.

For example, 20% of the cost and effort put into a system produces 80% of the finished product; the remaining 80% of the cost and effort is required to produce the remaining 20%.

Therefore, one should overspecify system requirements by a quarter (i.e. to 125%).

Once 80% of the requirements are complete, stop. (125% x 80% = 100%). Only 20%x125% = 25% of the cost and effort will have been spent.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 19:52
Now you have your head around the previous example, you're ready for this one. I had the following discussion with a PMO manager and he agreed with my logic.

Remember: the 80:20 rule is never wrong and can be applied to all and any things.

Principle: 20% of the cost and effort put into a system produces 80% of the finished product.
Action: Now make the decision that 80% is good enough.
Consequence: This means you can lay off 80% of your IT workforce and still get reasonably good systems.

BUT - and here's the clever bit - you only need 80% of the reasonably good systems.

So, apply the 20/80 rule again and lay off 80% of the remaining workforce and you will see that just 4% of the cost and effort produces 64% of the finished product.

That is, for every 100 staff you have working on a project, get rid of 96 of them and you only lose about 1/3 of the final functionality.

:banana:

And if you can get that published as a book, well done you hero! :yay: Because someone will, one day.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:04
Someone told me the film Capricon One was so cheap to make because much of it was out-takes from the fake moon landings and they used the same sets.

I reckon if NASA hadn't wasted all that time and money faking the Apollo programme, they could have afforded to have got us to Mars by now.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:07
Evolution must be false because every time they find another fossil (animal skeleton) it creates another gap in the tree of life. There are now more gaps in the so-called 'fossil record' than ever before. The 'scientists' don't want you to know that but it is true.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:12
The government has decided in future there will be more MPs in the House of Commons, it is going up from 646 to 650.

This means your vote is being whittled away, it is going to be worth 4/650ths less = about 1/150. So you'll need to find another 149 people to agree with you before your vote will be worth what it is now.

This is how the government is robbing us of our democracy.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:15
When people got TB they made them live in nursing homes in the country and get lots of fresh air to help them get better.

Farmers reckon it is the badgers causing the TB in cows.

But it can't be. Cows live in fields and get lots of fresh air all the time.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:28
On the CUK members list, the first page of accounts are all Gods (>5000 posts). After the first page, none of them are.

That is very tidy.

Something should be done to keep it that way.

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:33
Instead of having 12 random, disinterested jurors and a senile old judge decide about trial outcomes, it should be posted on the t'InterWeb and people online can vote.

Use news portals to hold the voting (like the Daily Mail and the Sun web sites).

Then people can read the story and decide for themselves what should be done.

I call it Justice 2.0

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 20:36
When you toss a coin 12 times and it comes up heads every time, that's so unlikely that it would NEVER happen. (It's 12! = 479,001,600 to 1 against).

So why do juries so often have unanimous verdicts? I think some of them must be lying.

darmstadt
14th December 2009, 20:47
They walk down my nose into my mouth and down into my stomach, where they re-enact famous murder trials throughout history.

The streets are swept, da bins are emptied, but this is not the work of the
Trumpton fire brigade.

Noddy and Big Ears, Lord Snooty makes three. All in pervert trousers and
stinking of Brie.

At three o'clock every night bugs come out of the floor and climb up my back
and down the parting in my hair.

Remember kids, don't eat dung so soft you don't enjoy it.

Tractor men, they know all. Bring your own truss, we'll have a ball.

Hubba Hubba. The king is dead, but shed no tear...for he has risen in full
easter bunny gear.

Numpty
14th December 2009, 20:49
They walk down my nose into my mouth and down into my stomach, where they re-enact famous murder trials throughout history.

The streets are swept, da bins are emptied, but this is not the work of the
Trumpton fire brigade.

Noddy and Big Ears, Lord Snooty makes three. All in pervert trousers and
stinking of Brie.

At three o'clock every night bugs come out of the floor and climb up my back
and down the parting in my hair.

Remember kids, don't eat dung so soft you don't enjoy it.

Tractor men, they know all. Bring your own truss, we'll have a ball.

Hubba Hubba. The king is dead, but shed no tear...for he has risen in full
easter bunny gear.WHS

DimPrawn
14th December 2009, 20:55
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8411387.stm

EternalOptimist
14th December 2009, 20:57
RC
If it's an argument you want, hows about this.

The Global warmists say it's ok if their carbon theory is hokum, because it will have the effect of making us all green before the theory is falsified. The ends will justify the means, so who cares.
It's ok to lie and twist the facts and the science, as long as we move to a green sustainable way of life.

but

Tony Blair says its ok if his argument about WMD is hokum, because it will have the effect of making us invade, before the pretence is uncovered. The ends will justify the means, so who cares.
It's ok to lie and twist the facts and the casus belli, as long as we get rid of the regime.

:rolleyes:

RichardCranium
14th December 2009, 21:35
RC
If it's an argument you want, hows about this.But, but ... but! but, but, but! BUT!

:yay:

We now live in a world where the scientists are discredited, statistics not trusted, spindoctory has become routine lies where the liars no longer even apologise when they are caught out after the event, where the great and the good have different rules from the rest of us yet still fiddle their expenses, those wanting to help children grow up right are branded untrustworthy paedos, we are all criminals waiting to happen that must be monitored at all times for signs of deviation, those charged with caring for the global economies are incompetent and unscrupulous thieving bastards, the minerals mega-industries rape and pollute the planet without hindrance provided they make a profit at any cost, torture and illegal wars are tolerated by those who call themselves The Good Guys, big pharma lies to us about medication for pandemic control and the media simply don't care so long as she has an airbrushed waistline and a plunging cleavage.

:suicide:

EternalOptimist
14th December 2009, 21:40
But, but ... but! but, but, but! BUT!

:yay:

We now live in a world where the scientists are discredited, statistics not trusted, spindoctory has become routine lies where the liars no longer even apologise when they are caught out after the event, where the great and the good have different rules from the rest of us yet still fiddle their expenses, those wanting to help children grow up right are branded untrustworthy paedos, we are all criminals waiting to happen that must be monitored at all times for signs of deviation, those charged with caring for the global economies are incompetent and unscrupulous thieving bastards, the minerals mega-industries rape and pollute the planet without hindrance provided they make a profit at any cost, torture and illegal wars are tolerated by those who call themselves The Good Guys, big pharma lies to us about medication for pandemic control and the media simply don't care so long as she has an airbrushed waistline and a plunging cleavage.

:suicide:

there are a few on here who go along with a) but who lambast b)

intellectual dishonesty and wooly thinking. thats what I says

TimberWolf
14th December 2009, 22:48
When you toss a coin 12 times and it comes up heads every time, that's so unlikely that it would NEVER happen. (It's 12! = 479,001,600 to 1 against).

So why do juries so often have unanimous verdicts? I think some of them must be lying.

Actually the odds of the jurors reaching a unanimous verdict is 0.5. Here's the unassailable scientific proof: A verdict can be either unanimous or not unanimous, so only these 2 outcomes are possible, so the chance of one of them occurring is 1 in 2 or 0.5. QED.

Same logic applies to the odds of your plane crashing or of you winning the lottery tonight, 0.5 again.

EternalOptimist
14th December 2009, 22:53
Actually the odds of the jurors reaching a unanimous verdict is 0.5. Here's the unassailable scientific proof: A verdict can be either unanimous or not unanimous, so only these 2 outcomes are possible, so the chance of one of them occurring is 1 in 2 or 0.5. QED.

Same logic applies to the odds of your plane crashing or of you winning the lottery tonight, 0.5 again.

So what are the chances that it will rain tomorrow ?

TimberWolf
14th December 2009, 22:57

RichardCranium
15th December 2009, 06:39

0.5'Tomorrow' has arrived and it is raining here right now so now the odds for tomorrow are (0.5 + 1) / 2 = 0.75

EternalOptimist
15th December 2009, 07:51

TW has hit on something exiting here. But all theories need to be tested and the results compared to the prediction.
So... this is my experiment...
There are two dolly birds in HR who, (one would assume) would never look at an old f@rt like me.
I will proposition them this a.m. according to TW theory, I expect one smack in the gob and one success.
I will keep you posted