• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trade Union / Permie Logic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Union / Permie Logic

OK, so imagine your employer lost 300 million squid in the first half of the year and you’re worried about your job. Obviously, the most logical course of action is to go on strike for 12 days in the most profitable season of the year and make damn sure your employer goes bust.

Can someone explain?http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8411214.stm
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I know one of these guys, and they've worked in "their job for life" so long they've missed 1989 to 2009 ... hence the problem. I suspect the real world is about to hit ...

Comment

I think they are wanting to change employment contracts, and apart from striking at a time when it will have some effect there's not much else you can do.

They claim to be cash-strapped but they're still angling to buy British Midland and Japan Airlines. BA have recently appointed the chap who implemented the Royal Mail staff cuts so it will get interesting anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X