• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How thick are the media?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How thick are the media?

The Google "I'm Feeling Lucky" button is pointing at a countdown timer.

A few seconds with a calculator or a spreadsheet shows it is the seconds until the end of the year.

This is from the Telegraph, FFS:

Google 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button leads to mystery countdown clock

Google has sparked mystery by launching an unexplained countdown that only appears when users press the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button on the search engine's homepage

Google has released no statement explaining the hidden clock, but initial speculation that the search giant had advance warning of the end of the world appears wide of the mark.
    When we've finished putting the politicians against the wall and having AtW shoot them, how about the media next?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    When we've finished putting the politicians against the wall and having AtW shoot them, how about the media next?
    That would not be self defence...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      That would not be self defence...
      Shooting politicians is always self defence.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Shouldn't that be "How thick is the media?"
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Shouldn't that be "How thick is the media?"
          'Media' is a plural. The singular is 'medium'.

Comment

Yes ... but in this context it's referring to a group. One thing. The media. I just checked...

Both are correct. But. "is" is the American usage.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X