• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

doing tax schemes on the Isle of man .. good idea or not ...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u know the trust fund option ........

u reckon its good or do you reckon you'll just get burned in the future ?

Umbrella co

Hi

I think that the inland revenue is not very happy about trust funds anymore so may not be a good idea and you MAY have to pay the outstanding tax. If you want to look at other onshore options then you could try info@commonwealth contractors.com who can give you free advice.

Comment

it's a perfectly good idea as long as you either:
      - keep some cash in case HMRC lands you with a large tax bill
      - are ready to move out of the UK at a few months notice

that's what I do. Since what is legal now might be illegal in the future and HMRC are allowed to retrospectively change the rules, you have to have a backup plan like that

Not suitable for everyone, of course.
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Well said, Rebecca; nice to know someone's been listening!
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

>- are ready to move out of the UK at a few months notice

That's if you get a few months notice...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Commonwealth Contractors
            Hi

I think that the inland revenue is not very happy about trust funds anymore so may not be a good idea and you MAY have to pay the outstanding tax. If you want to look at other onshore options then you could try info@commonwealth contractors.com who can give you free advice.

Comment

????

I don't understand why it is spam. I am open about where I come from and gave some advice. Sorry if that offended you.

Comment

Originally posted by Commonwealth Contractors
                I don't understand why it is spam. I am open about where I come from and gave some advice. Sorry if that offended you.
                Don't worry about it, he's boredsenseless...

Comment

Working...
                X