• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outrageous: Cricketting burglar-basher jailed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrageous: Cricketting burglar-basher jailed

Surely worthy of an MBE not jail time
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

KUATB.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

You've got to set some limits, the sentence maybe sounds excessive considering the circumstances. The most annoying part is the burglar got a slap on the wrist, they tied them up and had knives

To clarify, I agree you can't allow revenge attacks. But in the circumstances this particular sentence seems a bit heavy condsidering the build up to the cricket bat incident.

When I say the burglar got a slap on the wrist, I mean he was prosecuted for the initial burglary and got let off with no jail sentence.
      Last edited by rootsnall; 15 December 2009, 09:01.

Comment

Absolutely.

As a citizen you should be entitled to grab some mates and mob-handedly hold these people down in the street and beat them about the head with a variety of weapons until they are permanently brain-damaged.

It's the only way these people will learn.

Meanwhile: Keep Up At The Back.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          Surely worthy of an MBE not jail time
          Yes, because my understanding is it looked very much like the family was being set up for an execution. IMHO offence is the best defence in such situations.

So the system says you go to jail, at least you're still alive.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            You've got to set some limits, the sentence maybe sounds excessive considering the circumstances. The most annoying part is the burglar got a slap on the wrist, they tied them up and had knives
            I thought the penalty for carrying a knife was supposed to be quite high - 5 years or so. So this guy burgled a house and tied up and threatened the occupants with a knife. The knife part of that alone should have been 5 years
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              I thought the penalty for carrying a knife was supposed to be quite high - 5 years or so. So this guy burgled a house and tied up and threatened the occupants with a knife. The knife part of that alone should have been 5 years
              I thought he escaped jail because his brain damage meant that he was no longer fit for prison
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

The law and judges are buffoons...I see it everyday in the area my wife works in.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Classic Daily Mail Commentard

Yet another reason to emigrate - the country is going to the dogs. Sack this judge and free the poor men!
                  - Linda, Switzerland, 15/12/2009 09:43
                  So did Linda read the article, emigrate out of disgust and then comment from her new home?
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Classic Daily Mail Commentard

"Yet another reason to emigrate - the country is going to the dogs. Sack this judge and free the poor men!
                    - Linda, Switzerland, 15/12/2009 09:43 "

So did Linda read the article, emigrate out of disgust and then comment from her new home?

I do it all the time. I've got properties all over Europe and, when the EU particularly upsets me, Zimbabwe.

Comment

Working...
                    X