• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

expenses claim - car parking fine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expenses claim - car parking fine?

i got hit with a parking fine last week, can i claim this as an expense?

Can you buggery. What are you? A politician or something?

You can claim something that that is solely and wholy incurred as part of doing your business. Being daft enough to leave your car somewhere were is shouldn't has nothing to do with business.

You will probably try and argue you were on company business but the fine is for you being a twonk not a cost to helping your business make money.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;1025562]Can you buggery. What are you? A politician or something?

QUOTE]

heeehe i know. i know.

thanks anyway

Comment

Some companies allow it for their service engineers, if they're dealing with an emergency.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Some companies allow it for their service engineers, if they're dealing with an emergency.
          Yeah I have heard about this before but if a company allows this as a working policy as part of thel line of business and whether you can claim it back against your tax are two completely different things.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was able to claim one. Said meeting ran over allocated time, and couldn't be unprof. and leave during meeting to top up meter.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
              I was able to claim one. Said meeting ran over allocated time, and couldn't be unprof. and leave during meeting to top up meter.
              When you say 'able to' - this was audited and passed by HMRC was it?

There's a world of difference between 'getting away with' and it actually being a valid business expense.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Yeah I have heard about this before but if a company allows this as a working policy as part of thel line of business and whether you can claim it back against your tax are two completely different things.
                True. It may well be a non-tax deductable expense for the company.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  True. It may well be a non-tax deductable expense for the company.
                  Fines are non deductible. Period.

That doesn't mean you can't them as anepense though of course, just that the co can't include them in it's CT calculation.

Comment

I put one through once, I was told it could be expensed but that it wouldn't be tax deductible.

Think that is right.

Comment

Working...
                    X