• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rule of law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rule of law

It seems that several cretinous Cukkers have difficulty understanding this simple concept. Let me explain.
    In civilized countries there exists a body of rules that every resident has to live by. This means for example that you cannot take the law into your hands and that people are punished according to the laws of the land, after due process.
    Also there should be no exceptions to breaking the law.
    If you think the laws are too lax there's usually a law-and-order party you can vote for.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

That's all well and good, but how its the public supposed to act in the face of poorly drafted legislation and "Police lite"?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12...graphy_advice/
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ah yes, but as we all learned in the Thatcher (and subsequent) years, there is no such thing as society and it is only wrong if they catch you (and then only if you can't wriggle out of it)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        It seems that several cretinous Cukkers have difficulty understanding this simple concept. Let me explain.
        In civilized countries there exists a body of rules that every resident has to live by. This means for example that you cannot take the law into your hands and that people are punished according to the laws of the land, after due process.
        Also there should be no exceptions to breaking the law.
        Can someone please tell the police this?

Before they speed past my house AGAIN, before they kill or maim another protester, before they run-over another teenager ?

Comment

There seems to be a growing divide between the law and the public idea of justice.
          The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

As a wise man once said

it is not desirable to cultivate a respect for the law, so much as for the right. The only obligation which I have a right to assume is to do at any time what I think right.… Law never made men a whit more just; and, by means of their respect for it, even the well-disposed are daily made the agents of injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              That's all well and good, but how its the public supposed to act in the face of poorly drafted legislation and "Police lite"?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12...graphy_advice/
              Example of a bad law. Vote out the incumbents after finding out what other parties think of this law.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

chill sasguru, life is too short. A little law breaking now and again is OK, besides there are so many in this country we are probably breaking them all the time and not realising. Most of my offences are motoring and substance abuse related so of little consequence, it's not like I am s*xing up dossiers, lying to parliament and bumping off expert witnesses is it.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                  chill sasguru, life is too short. A little law breaking now and again is OK, besides there are so many in this country we are probably breaking them all the time and not realising. Most of my offences are motoring and substance abuse related so of little consequence, it's not like I am s*xing up dossiers, lying to parliament and bumping off expert witnesses is it.
                  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...ive-on-TV.html

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                    I didn't say law breaking wasn't Ok - just don't get caught
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X