• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ok the wii

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok the wii

I've never been a computer games person

but the old folks bought a wii cos their u3a friends have them and they are funny

at the weekend our children and their cousins were using it and had a lot of fun

was reading on the plane a couple of weeks ago in the iht that nintendo were first into this space with the wii but now microshaft and sony are coming out with their versions which can do more, later getting to market but more functionality

if we decide to invest in one of these toys which should we go for, the wii, the ms one or the sony one ?

thanks

Milan.

Comment

MS and Sony wont be producing more devices, they have too much invested in the Xbox and Playstation respectivly. What they will be doing is producing more "casual" games. The kind of thing you've seen your kids and their friends playing on the Wii, that can be picked up and put down easily with no need to spend hours playing it.

IMO the Wii is still the best "fun" console and Nintendo make the best casual games if you just want to have a laugh playing with friends.

XBox and PlayStation 3 were aimed at hardcore gamers. The sort of people who think nothing about spending 5 hours playing serious games alone or online, rather than half an hour or an hour with a bunch of mates playing daft sports games or fun driving and platform games. MS and Sony are just trying to play catch up in a market Nintendo basically created from scratch.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Google "XBOX NATAL" and "PS3 motion sensor controller"

They are not new machines, just new controllers for the same boxes.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

clippy

less of it

dave and mm

thanks,

so we go for the wii then if we get one ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            clippy

less of it

dave and mm

thanks,

so we go for the wii then if we get one ?

Milan.
            If it's for family fun, yes.

If you want a cheap blue-ray player and the most graphically capable one, go for the PS3.

If you want the best hardcore gamer online experience go for the XBOX.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

tack

Milan.

Comment

tack
                Sorry, are we all supposed to lean to one side and mind the boom now?

Comment

The Wii, it must be said, is slightly rubbish.

I bought mine for Wii Fit and that IS very good and its probably worth it just for that. I found myself becoming bored with the other games as they seemed to be written for the control system rather than paying attention to the game itself. Granted i only played 2 other games but got sick of the 'wacky' control method pretty quickly. The sports and bowling etc is a giggle if you have a few people round but gets boring after 10 mins. Rayman Rabbids thing is good too, but again, got bored of waggling a stick at a screen very quickly.

I've got a PS3 too and that gets more use both as a Blu-Ray player and a top notch games system.

So, if i could only have one it'd certainly be the PS3 but i'd miss honing my Warrior pose on Wii Fit a bit.

Comment

tack

Milan.
                    Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                    Sorry, are we all supposed to lean to one side and mind the boom now?
                    I think he means "thank you" in the norse languages.

Tack - swedish
                    Tak - danish
                    Takk - norwegian

It is probably the reason that some english people say "Ta".

hth

Comment

Working...
                    X