• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Incredible machine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible machine

An incredible machine is to be unveiled at the COP15 tomorrow.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Is it the time-machine's first public outing?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

For those who don't know :

COP15 United Nations Climate Change Conference Copenhagen 2009

So, any guesses as to what the machine could be ?

1. A bovine device, that attaches to the back of the beast. Whenever the creature is about to expel all that nasty methane and destroy the ozone, a sensor detects the gastrointestinal swelling preceding a fart, and with lightning reflexes, a steel butt-plug rams home to save the world.

2. A device that the EU will mandate all homes to have, at considerable cost, to measure our Co2 output. It will have a picture of a happy smiley face, a frowning face and a morally outraged face.

Smiling face : Well done. You're doing your bit to save the planet. You don't need to do anything more, apart from not turn on any electrical equipment, wash, eat or breathe. You still pay additional Co2 levies however.

Frowning face : Oh dear. Must try harder. To encourage you, we're going to raise an additional penalty charge for each day you slack. This is in addition to your normal Co2 levies.

Morally Outraged face : Prepare for a visit by a crack unit of lentil-munching Guardianistas who will explain (nicely) that you are raping the earth, over ethicially sourced tea and fair-trade organic cucumber sandwiches.

They will then confiscate all offending equipment that produces Co2, has been made using Co2, or even looks like it might possibly produce Co2.

You will then be fined, paraded down the street on the back of a low-loader, and fined some more for using a low-loader. Then you will be defenestrated.

You will also be fined for being defenestrated, because a well-meaning Guardianista will think this is something to do with "deforestation", and hence you are using even more resources that they say you are not entitled to.

Finally, your meter will be taken away, and you will be fined for that as well.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

If you have made money on this "incredible machine" for the eco-blabberers then please do me the favour and tell them that and profit on your side will be spent on another Koenigsegg
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'm fed up of these Apple Tablet rumours.

Comment

A solar powered mobile phone from Google?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

A improved means of extracting wealth from the private sector to fund public sector jobs?
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Here's a sneak peek.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher View Post
                  Here's a sneak peek.
                  So that's how liposuction is done.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

An incredible machine is to be unveiled at the COP15 (United Nations Climate Change Conference Copenhagen 2009) tomorrow.
                    Is it a computer program that takes the last 40 year of redacted temperatures around the world, takes the highest ones from the samples and then applies a fudge factor weighting algorithm to them all to display a hockey stick temp graph which is ridiculed in public and silently withdrawn by the IPCC and prints out the words:

"Global Warming is true - do not pass go, do not collect £200, simply pay an enormous amount of tax to us for no reason whatsoever until a select few are very rich"?
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X