• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone playing with FX recently?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone playing with FX recently?

Hi.

I am observing some interesting fluctuations between GBP (pound getting stronger for some reason) and some European currencies, I was wondering, could anyone give me an idea on what might the driving force behind it?

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    Hi.

I am observing some interesting fluctuations between GBP (pound getting stronger for some reason) and some European currencies, I was wondering, could anyone give me an idea on what might the driving force behind it?
    Flash Gordon. Saviour of the universe!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Flash Gordon. Saviour of the universe!
      Gordon's alive
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

One possible explanation: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=apTHsFXl1G8w

Though tis also the time for end of year rallies, sell offs etc also.

PZZ

Comment

GBP/EUR is just back to where it spent most of November. It's at the bottom of it's range against the USD.

The USD has found a little bit of strength against EUR. Greece and Ireland going titsup.com may be undermining the euro.

Note: This is not investment advice.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It's more to do with the $ strengthening, that euro is going down. EURUSD got slaughtered over the last few weeks.

The pound has been in a tight range against the dollar for a whole week, hence the drop in EURGBP.

Reasons: Individual news items don't mean much. I think it's more to do with Risk Aversion coming into play, that $ is strengthening.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
            X