• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just invented a great new conspiracy theory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just invented a great new conspiracy theory

Google is part of the Bildeburger empire. Am I the only one to notice that inconvenient news stories disappear?

Somebody is going to pop up and say it is inevitable that old pages that nobody reads anymore will drop down the rankings as they have fewer views, fewer links to them etc. But surely that should only be true if there are later pages that match better or if more up to date pages with similar terms replace them?

I have noticed that inconvenient truths disappear remarkably quickly. For example, a few years back a US psychologist seriously postulated that some successful leaders were so far off the scale of normality that it was correct to regard them as insane. Do a search for "psychologist leaders insane" and there are no links to this at all that I can find. Are we to assume that some have not looked at Blair and Googled this or a similar term? Why are nutty sites and card games the nearest matches? But type "Edward 2nd death" and the top links are all relevant, not stuff with unrelated uses of Death and Edward.

PS Where did that CUK comment on the new Companies House question with a link to accounting web go? Nothing on CUK, nothing on Google, nothing on Accounting Web. I rest my case.

PPS In the best tradition of conspiracy theorists I will only read comments that support my theory. The rest of you are wrong. Or part of the conspiracy.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Google is part of the Bildeburger empire. Am I the only one to notice that inconvenient news stories disappear?

Somebody is going to pop up and say it is inevitable that old pages that nobody reads anymore will drop down the rankings as they have fewer views, fewer links to them etc. But surely that should only be true if there are later pages that match better or if more up to date pages with similar terms replace them?

I have noticed that inconvenient truths disappear remarkably quickly. For example, a few years back a US psychologist seriously postulated that some successful leaders were so far off the scale of normality that it was correct to regard them as insane. Do a search for "psychologist leaders insane" and there are no links to this at all that I can find. Are we to assume that some have not looked at Blair and Googled this or a similar term? Why are nutty sites and card games the nearest matches? But type "Edward 2nd death" and the top links are all relevant, not stuff with unrelated uses of Death and Edward.

PS Where did that CUK comment on the new Companies House question with a link to accounting web go? Nothing on CUK, nothing on Google, nothing on Accounting Web. I rest my case.

PPS In the best tradition of conspiracy theorists I will only read comments that support my theory. The rest of you are wrong. Or part of the conspiracy.
    Sounds right to me
    Me, me, me...

Comment

X-Echelon-Flag: TRUE
      X-Echelon-GoogleRank: -1
      Last edited by RichardCranium; 15 December 2009, 21:40. Reason: <removed>
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

<Post Deleted by Admins>
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The "credit crunch" was in fact a covert IT war waged by the Japanese sponsored hackers , the first such war of the modern age and we're none the wiser.

Whoever did this is a big Tom Clancy reader because he / she also organized the twin towers.

You heard it here first etc etc

Comment

Disappearing posts.....................
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

<Post Deleted by Google>
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                The "credit crunch" was in fact a covert IT war waged by the Japanese sponsored hackers , the first such war of the modern age
                Make that 'Chinese' (just one of the countries for whom Google will edit its data) instead of 'Japanese' and you might be getting very close to the truth.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

what is the conspiracy theory behind this one then?

Why is it that, when you type 'Why is there' into the Google search box - the top of the list of suggested searches "why is there a dead pakistani on my couch"?
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Not true, that's only third. First is "Why is there buttock stabbing in Rome?"
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X