• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio at Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio at Work

I've been in my new contract for 2 days now & I have to say, it's pretty much ok. Just one weird thing though, at 10 am every morning Radio 1 is piped into the office & is on all day. I've never come across that before - on a factory floor, yes, but not in an office. Mt street cred is slowly gong down the drain, I can already recognise that song that won the XFactor, and Lady GaGa

When I was programming, I had to work in a silent room.

The only time I have worked with a radio on was when I worked in a shop on Saturdays when still at school. And that was only on very low.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'd up your rate if I was you, having to put up with that tulip is above and beyond...
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I refer the honourable member to the post I made a few weeks ago

Comment

When I were a lad cable jointing 4000 quad cables I'd have a radio on the cricket up top of the hole.

Very useful, 'cause if I didn't get a joint quite right the noise would blat the radio.

Apparently it was quite against the rules to have a radio. So I redefined it, it was not a radio for listening to cricket: I called it my "PCM detector".
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In Germany its quite common for people to have a radio on in the office and for them to open the windows in the middle of winter and bugger off for a coffee
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

start humming and mumbling words loudly to all those R1 quality songs until someone turns it off. Obviously it works better if you dont know the words or tune.....

Comment

hope they have a public broadcast licence or whatever is needed to play radios in the work place

Comment

When I worked in a darkroom I used to have Radio 4 on all day.
                  But Radio 1 would drive me nuts - thank God for ipods and Rammstein
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

we've got sky sports on LCDS's all over the place with sound off. Anyone know of a way to take audio feed from sky and pipe to my earphones via pc?

Comment

Working...
                    X