• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids at Christmas (mild rant)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids at Christmas (mild rant)

My kids should be old enough not to have to be reminded to buy a pressie for their grand-parents, and even then leaving it so late that I have to do it for them

Teenagers

I even gave them extra Xmas pocket money to cover their Xmas expenses, and oldest son went straight out and bought himself a new Xbox game

That is because:

Kids today are ******* idiots.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Lol you think you have problems

I have 2 brothers in their mid to late twenties who don't just need reminding, the need physically taking to the shop to buy the damn things

I think it just comes donw to being incredible tight

Seasons Greetings to one and all!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Lol you think you have problems

I have 2 brothers in their mid to late twenties who don't just need reminding, the need physically taking to the shop to buy the damn things

I think it just comes donw to being incredible tight

Seasons Greetings to one and all!
        Incredibly thoughtless and selfish

FTFY
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

mmm completely agree with you Pogle

It fair makes my blood boil

but hey ho no point getting upset they will die lonely old men.

in fact i don;t think either of them have been laid in like 4 years

they must be going blind by now surely!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Incredibly thoughtless and selfish

FTFY
            Yes, although it pains me to categorise my kids thus. I'll put it down to their age, and the fact I'm too ready to do their thinking for them. Bad dad

Comment

as a dad of two young uns I am wondering how you avoid your kids lapsing into this sort of apathy

is it because we do too much for them (if we don't we are BAD PARENTS - apparently)

do we need to be strict and harsh to get them to understand the need for generosity?

Having said that when my eldest wrote her letter to santa she asked for

Chocolate for me (so I stop eating the kids!)
              A bike for her little sister
              Books for mum

And she just wanted the family to be happy

She did that all on her own I was dead proud and it bought a lump to my throat

Maybe there is a future after all!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Yes, although it pains me to categorise my kids thus. I'll put it down to their age, and the fact I'm too ready to do their thinking for them. Bad dad
                Pogle Jr has already got all her pressies for humans, cats and guinea pigs!

- yes she got the guinea pig presents first

But she likes getting things for people, I dont expect it to last, I fully expect her to be sullen and argumentative in a few years time. I'm making the most of her time as a child.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Having said that when my eldest wrote her letter to santa she asked for

Chocolate for me (so I stop eating the kids!)
                  A bike for her little sister
                  Books for mum

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

How easily fathers are manipulated by their daughters...

She is so going to get you to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for her wedding. And think it was your own idea.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Maybe there is a future after all!

It's moments like that you will treasure forever (at least until the Alzheimers sets in)

Comment

Working...
                    X