• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep calm and carry on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep calm and carry on

WTF is all this about? I know it was first used in WWII but why now?

I first spotted it on poster at client site, then a bus shelter, now I've seen it on a British Gas advert and the Stereophonics album cover.

Are we being subliminally prepared for something very bad? I mean even worse than the now.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Loose talk costs lives.

Shhhhh.

Comment

I think it's really really cool! I love the slogan!

(and so, for once, I'm not being sarky)

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I first spotted it on poster at client site, then a bus shelter, now I've seen it on a British Gas advert and the Stereophonics album cover.

Are we being subliminally prepared for something very bad? I mean even worse than the now.
        I've seen a couple of them around.. my fave being a cupcake one it's in Pink and would look great in my kitchen! http://preservationinpink.files.word...04/cupcake.jpg

There is also one which goes something like - "Forget it, we're all buggered" or something like that
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Loose talk costs lives.

Shhhhh.
          Loose lips sink ships.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Err, becuase the UK is but a few months from a debt downgrade, quickly followed by a boycott of gilts, followed by default and bankruptcy.

But, don't worry, keep calm and carry on (voting Labour).

Comment

Nu Labor election campaign

Comment

Because if we don't, we panic and freak out.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Panic-Fr...0956900&sr=8-3

Comment

In the "copycat" vein I like this too (SFW)

EDIT: drat and double drat! beaten again! ... by Wilmslow

Comment

There were a few lads at the army navy game this year with t-shirts - Keep Calm and Drink Beer.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X