• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Decorations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Decorations

I wondering if I can be fagged to put up the Christmas tree this year... not seeing my kids from now until Boxing Day, after which it might as well come down again.

Am I a miserable git?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I wondering if I can be fagged to put up the Christmas tree this year... not seeing my kids from now until Boxing Day, after which it might as well come down again.

Am I a miserable git?
    Aw - sorry you're missing your kids, that cant be much fun at this time of year.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Aw - sorry you're missing your kids, that cant be much fun at this time of year.
      Christmas is a bit of a bummer without seeing the kids on Christmas morning, their faces downcast as they realise they'd didn't get a PS3, iPhone AND £200 cash

Comment

You should get a little puppet parrot or something and talk to it like I do. Who needs family and friends when you have a puppet parrot? Me and my parrot are going to have a great christmas, we have so much in common it's uncanny.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Christmas is a bit of a bummer without seeing the kids on Christmas morning, their faces downcast as they realise they'd didn't get a PS3, iPhone AND £200 cash
          I remember the year Mr P & I were seperated at Chrismas and Christmas day was not brilliant - although I asked Pogle jr what she wanted for lunch and she requested hot dogs & ice cream.
          So no 3 hr stint in the kitchen for me that day! That would be the silver lining I guess
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            You should get a little puppet parrot or something and talk to it like I do. Who needs family and friends when you have a puppet parrot? Me and my parrot are going to have a great christmas, we have so much in common it's uncanny.
            Great idea (SFW)

Comment

Am I a miserable git?
              Put em up put em up!

Share it with them, photo message the decorations to them. Get them involved and do the whole christmas day thing again with them the day after.

Double the memories for them and you will be the best Dad ever.

Make the effort you won't be sorry.
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                Put em up put em up!

Share it with them, photo message the decorations to them. Get them involved and do the whole christmas day thing again with them the day after.

Double the memories for them and you will be the best Dad ever.

Make the effort you won't be sorry.

(Platypus shuffles off towards the attic)

Comment

(Platypus shuffles off towards the attic)
                  Good man yourself!!!!!!

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

(faint cussing can be heard.... looks for spare bulbs)

Comment

Working...
                    X