• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Current Market Rates for MS.Net WPF?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Market Rates for MS.Net WPF?

Any Microsoft.Net Developers out there doing WPF, n-tier, etc?
    What level are market rates at currently?

Luckily I'm in a 12 month'er but on the lowest daily rate in my 13 year contracting history. We recently hired another developer and agency was putting people in at £200 to £280 a day, so you can imagine what the contractor was getting.

Good times? I don't think so.

most people i know in midlands are on between 250 and 300 a day doing bog standard .net stuff in non-senior / team lead roles.

i would have thought 3.5 expertise (WCF, WPF or Silverlight) would attract a little extra.

Comment

1. Ask yourself what is the absolute minimum you are ready to take.
      2. Then think what you will do if agent tells you that another candidate is willing to ofer £10 less than your rate. Can you match that?
      3. Go to step 1.

And the cycle continues.

There are cases when people have been offered £90/day (business analyst) in central London and STILL those roles are being filled up with competent people.

Comment

Banking seems to be around the 400 to 600 per day for WPF, outside of banking see next to nothing advertised (and look most days as keeping my eye on it to move to it), what little i do see is 200-300

Adoption of WPF/Silverlight in general still seems to be low, don't really see it taking off until later half of next year, with 2011/2012 being the prime years for it

Worth getting into now so you can command top rates when market peak's, but atm outside of banking it is not a good money earner
        Last edited by Not So Wise; 16 December 2009, 14:39.

Comment

couple of contractors at this job with me are getting to do WPF just now.

Roles were just advertised as .Net, C#, asp.net etc, and they've managed to push doing WPF for a part of the project.

Comment

Originally posted by mobi View Post

There are cases when people have been offered £90/day (business analyst) in central London and STILL those roles are being filled up with competent people.
            I doubt it.

Comment

Yes that figures with what I'm seeing. Interviewing I found very few people had real WPF experience. Glad to say I was able to choose the UI technology so went for WPF partly to get the experience but also I'd have to think hard about creating a new project with "legacy" (lol) Windows forms.

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
              Banking seems to be around the 400 to 600 per day for WPF, outside of banking see next to nothing advertised (and look most days as keeping my eye on it to move to it), what little i do see is 200-300

Adoption of WPF/Silverlight in general still seems to be low, don't really see it taking off until later half of next year, with 2011/2012 being the prime years for it

Worth getting into now so you can command top rates when market peak's, but atm outside of banking it is not a good money earner
              Maybe second half of 2010 or 2011 the rates will start improving.

Comment

Working...
              X