• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 year rule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 year rule

If you work for the same client (direct, no agency) on and off over the years do you need to be careful about the 2 year rule? Or is it just of you work for 2 years continuously for the same client?

I have been working for the same client on and off over the last 3 years. May be totalling 18 months so far. And each time it is usually at different client sites though the same office pays the bills.

Seems you've already answered the question. "On and Off"

What were the time periods during the Off's ?
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

2 year

Sizeable.... Between 3 months and 6 months in the Offs.

And working for another client for the Offs.

Comment

If ur working for another client you should laughing all the way to the piggy bank.

Comment

what's the two year rule ?

hello Jason, how's life in the villa ?

You still doing SE80 in Holland ?

Milan.

Comment

Hi Milan,

Long time no speak! The 2 year rule is something I've noticed on this forum a few times. Latest being that you can't claim travelling expenses once you have been at the clients for more than 2 years. But I think its deeper than that.

The villa was great. We have just moved back to the UK again after one year in Spain. Had a great time. Kids now speak fluent Spanish (not bad for 4 year old!). Came back because I was doing a lot of work for IBM in the UK and the travelling was killing me. No home working allowed by the client

Back working in Holland agin for the next few months. Homeworking definately allowed

How is .Net going? SAP Developers still going strong! Now moved onto ECC5.0 which is more Java based so trying to get my head round the classes and methods instead of normal abap.

Comment

ahh yes the power of glorious oo abap and abap classes

becareful with your internal tables, their different in oo abap

are you making bsp's ?

Milan.

Comment

IF your clients are close together like'The City' then they all count as the same in the 2 year rule, you need to be travelling to different places to take advantage of it.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by jason986
                  And each time it is usually at different client sites though the same office pays the bills.
                  It's the site that matters, not the client.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    their different in oo abap
                    Milan.
                    they're
                    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
                    X