• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jones Beckett

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jones Beckett

Hear a rumour today that they are in financial trouble.

Anyone else heard anything?

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post
    Hear a rumour today that they are in financial trouble.

Anyone else heard anything?
    Ohh..This is rumour week then...Just my friend told his agency (Penta Consulting) is in trouble it seems.....who knows...

Comment

I heard the same, wondered who your source was? Please send a private message to me if you can, just registered as a new user!

<admin note>Account upgraded so you can use PM</admin note>
      Last edited by administrator; 19 December 2009, 02:01. Reason: Admin note added

Comment

I have been working through JonesBeckett for some time and am owed a pretty large sum of money. They have always been terrible payers, requiring alot of badgering to pay any invoice, but thing have been a lot worse in the last few months.

The signs don't look good - the phone has been either on answer phone or just not picked up, for the last few days, and the one time I did manage to get through, the guy on the other end just said that no one was around, and didn't really know what to say. He certainly didn't answer any of my questions.

If anyone gets any further info, please post it up. I will do likewise

Comment

I heard through the grapevine that there's a "company" in there helping them out....

....wonder if we're talking administrators?

Comment

I am owed money from them too, and have been given every excuse in the book for the delay with some pretty underhand stuff.

I am waiting to see if they intend to keep going, but can't get hold of anybody there.

As far as I am concerned they are a bunch of criminals who deserve to go under, but preferably paying me before they do!

Comment

I'm owed money by JBA as well and for the last 4 weeks they have been giving me all sort of excuses and they told me that they haven't paid any of their contractors due to the issue with their factoring company. Did anyone managed to get paid ?? Please update if so ...

Comment

Originally posted by NotToBeLimited View Post
                I'm owed money by JBA as well and for the last 4 weeks they have been giving me all sort of excuses and they told me that they haven't paid any of their contractors due to the issue with their factoring company. Did anyone managed to get paid ?? Please update if so ...
                <bump> in case this newbie post didn't get spotted
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My last invoice is still unpaid from June, so some of you have been a bit luckier than me! I think it's because I live in France, and they just assumed that I would go away if they ignored me for long enough. I had started down the solicitor.

Anyone owed money should have received a letter by now from the company looking into restructuring them asking who you are and how much you are owed. Although, why Accounts Payable at JBA can't have done it I couldn't start to guess.

If anyone hears anything then could they please share here.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyfrog View Post
                    I had started down the solicitor.

Problem with agencies is they tend to be assett poor so little chance of getting anything if they do go to the wall. Only real assetts are any ongoing contracts but those will likely be terminated once the contractors realise they're working for nothing and stop turning up at the client.

The only glimmer it may be turned around is that JBA are supposedly owed money from the clients they haven't got round to invoicing for work towards the end of last year. No real suprise there, the staff have been incompetent and unreliable from my experience, and JBA have been by far the worst agency I've dealt with in over 12 years of contracting.

Wouldn't suprise me if this other company are only involved to collect those amounts due to JBA, doesn't mean they'll be able or interested in paying the contractors.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X