• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody accountants

On chasing the accountant yet AGAIN about the now very overdue Companies House Annual Return I finally get an answer:

"Well it costs you £15 more if we do it because we do it on paper because you have the codes to do it online."

They previously told me they will not to do it online because that is harder. So I have never requested any "codes".

It should have been done in October. I've even had the "We're going to strike you off" letter.

FFS, like I really need a fine right now.

So I'm going to do it myself, despite it being something I pay them for in the £1400 or so a year I pay.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Possible plan 'B' - act as intermediary for other contractors in same jam and do the filing for them?

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
      Possible plan 'B' - Fook your accountant off and get a proper one!!
      FTFY
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

accountants - know cost of everything and value of nothing!

Comment

Mine is now overdue too, despite me speaking to the accountant constantly over the past week.

What is the fine, and how does it work if there are two directors (albeit one has fled the country?).

<Sigh>
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            On chasing the accountant yet AGAIN about the now very overdue Companies House Annual Return I finally get an answer:

"Well it costs you £15 more if we do it because we do it on paper because you have the codes to do it online."

They previously told me they will not to do it online because that is harder. So I have never requested any "codes".

It should have been done in October. I've even had the "We're going to strike you off" letter.

FFS, like I really need a fine right now.

So I'm going to do it myself, despite it being something I pay them for in the £1400 or so a year I pay.

sack your accountant now, my accountant reminded me twice in August/September and they offered to either do it online or on paper, its a fundamental part of a Limited company and its' accounts.

Comment

mine "forgot" to submit mine as well, I always send them my end of year accounts at the end of my company year and tell them to submit, but they seemed to ignore that.

I got a reminder and the "you will be struck off letter", rang hem and shouted at them last week, they submitted the same day and will be paying my fine!
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Mine is now overdue too, despite me speaking to the accountant constantly over the past week.

What is the fine, and how does it work if there are two directors (albeit one has fled the country?).

<Sigh>
                They've bumped up the fines a lot in the last year or so.

I don't think the first penalty is too bad, but in a matter of months the penalties end up literally in the thousands!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Doing it online takes just a few minutes.

The codes arrive very quickly (within a few days) through the post too.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
                    Doing it online takes just a few minutes.
                    Indeed. Only then it takes (this years) now over a month for the Companies House to process it - apparently they've got huge backlog, 1 freaking month to check simple paper that used to take a few hours before

And who had that "brilliant" idea to start reducing time it takes to prepare annual accounts, ffs - they should have kept it AS IS, at least for small companies.

Comment

Working...
                    X