• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance Company for Home and car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance Company for Home and car

Ok, that's it I've had enough of p!ss poor insurance companies.
    My last one was pants and this one is pants with an Indian accent.

Nothing against Indians but why can I not understand any of them and everything have to be so slow.

Right, what is a good insurance company to use for home and motor cover that answers the telephone at 8pm and deals with issues rather than just cutting me off / speaking nonsense or just can't be bothered to answer.

I DO NOT want the cheapest. I want one that works.

Any ideas anyone?

Suggestions (with experience of actually speaking to them when making a claim) are very gratefully received.

Recently had a conversation with someone from Bell Insurance as me oldest is moving back to the UK next year and wants car insurance. Anyway, the girl that I spoke with has such a broad Northern accent, I asked to be put through to their Indian call center so that I could converse with someone that spoke more understandable English.

Went with Direct Line in the end.

PZZ

Comment

I've got home and motor insurances with Churchill.

Storm damage claim a few years ago (roof was a shambles) and car break in a year or so before that, both handled by British call centres and very efficiently. Offered their contractors in both cases or a quote from my preferred supplier.

Don't just accept a renewal figure though, it's worth a few calls and an escallation to their retentions departmentor the prices get silly.

Comment

I can also recommend Direct Line

Except when it's their south west call center.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I can also recommend Direct Line
          WHS^

Just do an online quote and get them to match it come renewal time, like for like I've not found cheaper or better.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

We paid extra to have access to a 24x365 UK call centre in the UK. This arranged free hire car, rescue, repairs, emergency anything.

When we had our bad crash circa 2001 (2002? 2003? I forget) on 28th Dec, nobody answered the number until 9:30 on the first working day in January.

Until then, all we got was the answerphone saying "We will be back in work at 8 am 27th Dec."

Bastards.

So even if you pay extra, still don't expect to get what you pay for. Because once you are a customer, they can't make money from you.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Thanks all I will give Churchill a try.
              I have used Direct Line in the past and found then just Ok'ish so I would prefer to try someone else first rather than go back to Direct Line.

Ta all that responded.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
                Thanks all I will give Churchill a try.

Good luck, not seen him around that much lately
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Good luck, not seen him around that much lately
                  Was insurance his plan B then??

PZZ

Comment

IIRC there are only a small handful of car insurance companies in the UK now. All the variety you see are brands.

As to claims, these are outsourced and again IIRC there is now one major player and two smaller ones.

So, it doesn't really matter who you go with, in all likelihood it'll be the same firm at the end of the day.

HTH
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X