• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drinks to avoid - advice from the wise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinks to avoid - advice from the wise

We are within days of Xmas and then the New Year celebrations. And between us we must know every drink to avoid. And after a bad night on the pop, one tries to forget.

But try to remember for the benefit of those with their booze-ups tomorrow or on "Black Friday" (18th) that might be about to make the mistakes you have already made.

So, what have been the drinks that made you really bad? I mean really, really bad.

What would you advise the rest of the world to avoid?

(With stories would be good. So we can at you. )
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Guinness and tomato juice looks like everyones reaction to the idea.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Blue bols, orange juice, lager, cider and vodka served as a pint. Or pints, rather.

Just the memory of that bright green liquid makes me

I blame the orange juice.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Avoid the shorts and you'll be full up before it gets too bad.

Easy.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

We used to do 2 shots Drambuie, 1 shot Cointreau in a glass, light it, stick your hand over to extinguish and then sniff the fumes and knock it back.

Remember doing this one time after a heavy session, violently vomiting all over the middle of the table and my fellow drinkers and then slumping down and pulling the table and all its contents on top of me.
          Last edited by Durbs; 16 December 2009, 22:35.

Comment

Baileys and creme de menthe.

Any Southampton alumni will remember a juicy Lucy from clowns. Another bright green drink, insanely alcoholic served in a pint.

The only two things I've ever drunk and immediately thrown back up into the glass.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I remember a bar in Alderley Edge used to do a drink called 'Baby Guts'.

It was in a shot glass and cunningly mixed out of stuff that didn't mix to resemble, well, baby guts really.

It was more of a texture than a taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Baileys and creme de menthe.
                Has anyone drunk this except as part of a bet?
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Has anyone drunk this except as part of a bet?
                  It actually tasted like mint-choc-chip ice cream. It had a shocking aftertaste of vomit though. Come to think of it, that might have been the vomit.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    It actually tasted like mint-choc-chip ice cream. It had a shocking aftertaste of vomit though. Come to think of it, that might have been the vomit.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X