• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market seems to be bouyant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market seems to be bouyant

Put my head above the parapit, tentatively just to see what was up and within 300 milliseconds got a telephone call (even though I hadn't given my telephone Nr ), and got a list of about 10 roles.

Probably not chase them up as I already agreed to a paltry rate rise.
    I'm alright Jack

Must be. Even I have an interview next week.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've had 300 Job Offers today alone!

Churchill - In "McQ - Threaded's Apprentice" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
        Put my head above the parapit, tentatively just to see what was up and within 300 milliseconds got a telephone call (even though I hadn't given my telephone Nr ), and got a list of about 10 roles.
        put some of those my way, BB, there's a good lad
        Ta

ps parapet
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Depends what role you are looking for. I hear there are tons of Santa jobs going at the moment but these tend to drop off towards the new year.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hate this time of year.

I'm one of those unlucky enough to look like Santa.
            Gosh how original some of these jokers are.........

RS

Comment

Buoyant.

Comment

put some of those my way, BB, there's a good lad
                Ta
                No probs, but all in London 'm afraid, and I mean it sounds good, but from experience I have to be put forward for about 30 roles before I get feedback from the agent that the client is slightly interested. From about 50 roles I get a technical test, which I can't answer anyway.

But still......better than last year
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  I've had 300 Job Offers today alone!

Churchill - In "McQ - Threaded's Apprentice" mode!

You mean youve been licking yer balls - or maybe Spod's Spuds - all day....
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates

Probably not chase them up as I already agreed to a paltry rate rise.
                    My client was looking for Java wonks, and made several offers, but in each case the person turned down the offer the day before they were due to start as they had had an interview the day before, and an offer later in the day which they tool. So I'm trying for a modest rise come the current extension.

Fungus.

Comment

Working...
                    X