• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dabs.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dabs.com

Ordered lots of stuff including 10 hard 2 TB disks for SKA, and they delivered 8 but dispatch note says 10

Why do you buy from dabs?

They are owned by BT, the biggest shysters in the universe.

Piss poor service and poor value for money.

Comment

Dabs has been very good - I had to do a few returns and they did accept them without issues, very quick and very good. It's the first time they do such a fk up

I bought from many others - dabs overall is the best, though it is the first time less stuff was shipped than ordered, one box, dispatch note says 10 not good...

Comment

Are dabs cheaper than here?

Comment

WHS. My experience is that Dabs are extremely good.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

After trying a few different ones some years back, I settled on Misco, with whom I have always been happy.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Are dabs cheaper than here?
              Price seems a bit lower, but I tend to buy from tried and tested retailers - once you are a big client of them doing returns (that are inevitable with our volumes) much easier.

I just don't know how they'd square the situation of 2 less drives put in a box - this feels like we won't get them back

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Ordered lots of stuff including 10 hard 2 TB disks for SKA, and they delivered 8 but dispatch note says 10
                I had that. I pointed out the physical impossibility of delivering what they said they'd delivered in the delivery box used. They relented, eventually.

So I'd suggest you check the box to see if 10 would fit in it.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  So I'd suggest you check the box to see if 10 would fit in it.
                  We did not buy diamonds threaded, so yes they would certainly fit

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I just don't know how they'd square the situation of 2 less drives put in a box - this feels like we won't get them back
                    Have you not 'phoned them? They probably only had 8 in stock and meant to put 2 on order for later delivery. They will know how many they had in stock when the order was fulfilled.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X