• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some facts to cheer you up.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some facts to cheer you up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ures-show.html

The Office for National Statistics disclosed that, in the three months to October, state workers received an average annual rise of 2.8 per cent. This was close to triple that seen in the private sector, where pay edged up by 1.1 per cent. Many private employees have been told that their pay will be frozen next year and have had Christmas bonuses withheld.

In addition to the jump in the pay of civil servants and other taxpayer-funded employees, the number of people on the public payroll has risen by almost a million in a decade.

Despite record levels of national debt, 23,000 public jobs were created in the three months to October. There are now 6.09 million state workers — up from 5.19 million 10 years ago.

They've never had it so good!

What ******* recession!

It's a phoney recession.

Or a scorched earth policy according to cynical Tories.

Comment

If it's not a scorched earth policy I'd like to know what the game really is.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        If it's not a scorched earth policy I'd like to know what the game really is.
        Operation "Keep all the plates spinning" until May 6th.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
        X