• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you buy Raindeer steaks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you buy Raindeer steaks

I fancy having some instead of Turkey at Christmas, especially when I get to tell the kids that they are eating Rudolf.
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 6 December 2005, 15:51.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

reindeer
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Yes, your local butcher should be able to sort you out as long as you let him know in good time. Very tasty (although not quite as tasty as horse, which is my favourite). You will need to marinade them for 24 hours - in something simple like a 50/50 mix of red wine and strawberry jam is good, which can then be reduced down with some butter to make a nice sauce as well.
      Last edited by Xerxes; 6 December 2005, 15:53.

Comment

Weird food

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        I fancy having some instead of Turkey at Christmas, especially when I get to tell the kids that they are eating Rudolf.
        Don't see why not....if they can serve Kangaroo balls in Australia, no reason why your local butcher can't dig out a few bambi steaks!

Comment

You can get them from Tesco & Sainsbury's, but they're a bit deer...

Comment

In Sweden it's quite easy to find (especially up in the north, Lappland, since that's where they breed them). The most commonly sold reindeer meat is quite dry and disgusting (I'm not much for game meat either), but I know a pizza place that's got a perfectly acceptable reindeer pizza on the menu.

Comment

There's a deer lying beside the M4, hasn't moved for a while - will that do.

Comment

Oi Xerxes...

...your mother's Atossa!

teeheehee
                tl

Comment

Rather than the grizzly truth, that they were eating human?
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                    ...your mother's Atossa!

Now say that to her face...

Comment

Working...
                    X