• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man-made global warming poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man-made global warming poll

Quick poll since we have had climategate and the Copenhagen Climate Summit
    I'm totally convinced, the world is warming up and CO2 is the culprit.
    6.90%
    I don't believe a word of it, I'm 100% convinced man has little impact.
    37.93%
    I'm not sure. A bit maybe, not convinced either way.
    51.72%
    AndyW's mum warms me up nicely.
    3.45%

The poll is expired.

We're still waiting on some American fsckwit. 30 minutes late landing so far.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      We're still waiting on some American fsckwit. 30 minutes late landing so far.
      That's the Danish ATC for you!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I'm totally convinced!

Shivers and throws another marsupial on the fire
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I am totally convinced that all this fuss about it is man made.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

SO at this Summit has anyone suggested stemming worldwide population growth, or even backing forced decrease in population of our planet? Oh of course, religions might not like that for one thing. Yet it`s probably the best way. So we`ll reduce the carbon footprint of everyone by 30% in x years yet the population will probably grow by the same amount. But at least house prices will be higher probably oh and economies will grow.

They`ll jsut tax us more instead. Drive a sporty car and pay £410 road tax and that`s probably been used to bail out banks rather than actually contribute to anything relating to reducing CO2
            Last edited by SuperZ; 18 December 2009, 12:10.

Comment

It's the sun thats warming the earth

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?re...d=4778&page=38

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?re...d=4778&page=41

the paper dates back to 1994, the second link shows the predicted future scenario.
              Whats happened so far, since 1994 shows MORE resembalance to the solar output than to their projects of "net anthropogenic"
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

How much more proof do you need?

How much more proof do you need?

a few years ago it was called global warming and we had some hot summers and mediocre winters, now it's called climate change and we have rain in November and SNOW in December!!!

Of course it's happening you fools! Pay more tax and save the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  It's the sun thats warming the earth
                  Whooooooo Hoooooooo!

We have some lovely sunspots today!

Edit

Take a look at the images on this page. It sort of put you (except threaded) in your place.
                  Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 18 December 2009, 12:47.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                  X