• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hope you haven't bought a Saab recently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you haven't bought a Saab recently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8421007.stm

Try selling one on now.

Wot's a "Saab" ?

Comment

http://www.saab.co.uk/gb/en/start#/home/

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Shame - I knew a fella who had one with no lid on.. I liked it.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I liked the old ones. One of the first cars I drove.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I learned to drive in a Morris 1000 in Barcelona then bought a Saab 99 Turbo when I got home, a wee bit of a change
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              The two stroke ones were interesting.

If a bit smokey.

I made this mistake of not using a two stoke Saab for some months. It messed up the engine because of it’s open ports. Apparently when not in use you should choke the engine with oil to preserve it.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The two stroke ones were interesting.

If a bit smokey.
                I think they had free wheeling hubs 'cos two strokes don't like engine braking. I vaguely remember a complaint that their brake pads didn't last long as a result.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Since GM bought them, they have just been re-badges Vectra's.

Prior to that was when they were individual cars.
                  Last edited by Clippy; 18 December 2009, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    I think they had free wheeling hubs 'cos two strokes don't like engine braking. I vaguely remember a complaint that their brake pads didn't last long as a result.
                    <In anorak mode >
                    There was a lever to select free wheel or fixed. It had nothing to do with engine braking on two stroke engines and the same mechanism was fitted to the Ford V4 engine on later models. The free wheel aided economy and helped on icy roads. (free wheel on ice gives maximum grip). Good points on the old 95s and 96s were that most components were adjustable and serviceable. Eg grease points and shim adjustments on ball joints. I never need to change any parts other than consumables.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X