• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E-Borders Disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Borders Disaster

Lots of stories about this this afternoon.

Basically HMG never checked with their EU masters whether the whole e-borders idea was legal. Now the UKP 1.2 billion project is in disarray. EU passengers and their families do not have to notify the UK about entering the country, and neither to passengers outside the EU. So airlines and ferries will not bother to collect the data. I get the feeling this story is going to run and run...!
    Cats are evil.

The consortium's members include Raytheon, Accenture, Capgemini and Steria. These firms were specifically charged to "work as an open, honest and collaborative team". Did none of this open honesty involve pointing out that e-Borders within Europe risked being unworkable and illegal?
    I would have put money on anything associated with those members becoming a farce
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Another fiasco brought to you by...

Is someone keeping a list of these? It might make amusing reading.

Comment

Actually I was being a tad harsh - I have no knowledge of working with Raytheon - anyone worked with them?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It isn't the consortium's fault that e-borders is illegal. The blame will lie solely with the government.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Actually I was being a tad harsh - I have no knowledge of working with Raytheon - anyone worked with them?
            Well, I used to think ex-BAE were the worst bunch of dodgy cross-dressers 'til I worked with them nonces.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              It isn't the consortium's fault that e-borders is illegal. The blame will lie solely with the government.
              You really don't understand that big-business controls government now. Big-business tells government what law to make. Law-makers are just whichever bunch of gob-tulipes get elected. After being elected they do as they're told. So it is entirely this consortiums fault.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X