• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is dull

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is dull

Transferring your stuff to a new PC. Yes I know there are transfer progs and cables supposed to make it easy but the stupid software doesn't know what you want to keep and what is rubbish so it doesn't really save any time over putting it on a memory stick.

What I want is a USB thing I can stick into my brain that works in the background so I can move it all while watching the series 1 Ren and Stimpy DVD. Why is that so hard?

I would like to control the missus through USB too. Only a very simple set of commands is needed. Actually just the one would do.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Actually just the one would do.
    Fetch us a beer luv... ?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What you want is a mac.

Put the old machine in firewire mode, hook it up via the firewire 800 cable to the new machine.

Under disk utility click restore and hey presto by the time you've made a cup of tea the process is finished.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Get a cheap switch (£40 max) and a pair of Ethernet cables (£10 max).

Total: £50.

This won't be enough to buy even a partially eaten apple logo...

Comment

Laplink cable (Homemade, easy) and hey presto
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

If you have a few TB of disk space, why do you care about what you don't want?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X