• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

moben kitchens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moben kitchens

Just lost £2500 deposit with them.

After putting down the despot with the sales man a surveyor came round a week or two later.

He had no idea of the plan that was previously agreed, no model was shown to us, finial colours were not made known to us, too much use of the words 'we try' to make such and such etc as close as fit as possible, the surveyor did not even know a wall was to come down.

So the wife and I cancelled the order with the primary reason being 'a lack of confidence'

I asked for the deposit back, a blunt 'no' was the reply, the attitude was so different.

Gosh have I learned hard, anyone who asks for cash up front - avoid.

I'm thinking small claims for recovery but not confident.

OOoooosssa...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Have you paid with credit card? In all such cases it makes sense to do so as you'll get a lot of additional rights.

IMO you should not have cancelled for the reasons you stated - in any case read all contract stuff you have to determine if you get deposit back in event of cancellation, chances are they say you don't and chances are this is how it might stand.

Comment

You are best of getting a kitchen from a small local shop, Howdens via a builder/fitter or Ikea. Though with Ikea you are advised to get all your sink, taps and appliances separately.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Big mistake using a national chain IMO. We got a local joiner in, bought the units (solid oak doors etc..) when on one of their "40% off" deals from Wickes. Bought Franke sink/taps, Neff and Liebherr stainless steel appliances off the t'interweb. We now have a really nice, well fitted kitchen for a fraction of what the nationals would charge.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Never understood why kitchens are priced so expensively.

Afterall, the carcasses are particle/chip board.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Have you paid with credit card?
            I did. I'll be calling the brothers tomorrow...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You are best of getting a kitchen from a small local shop, Howdens via a builder/fitter or Ikea. Though with Ikea you are advised to get all your sink, taps and appliances separately.
              WHS, look at local companies they will give you the best price, I once priced a kitchen with a local co (expensive) and went online and priced up what they had quoted (much cheaper), they actually matched the online prices.

With regards to your deposit, if you've back out and haven't read the small print then you may end up out of pocket.

If however, they are in breach of their T&Cs then you might get it back.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Big mistake using a national chain IMO. We got a local joiner in, bought the units (solid oak doors etc..) when on one of their "40% off" deals from Wickes. Bought Franke sink/taps, Neff and Liebherr stainless steel appliances off the t'interweb. We now have a really nice, well fitted kitchen for a fraction of what the nationals would charge.
                I'm learning fast.

A friend suggested the same approach. Found a local joiner already, I would rather loose the deposit altogether and employ someone local now.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Never understood why kitchens are priced so expensively.

Afterall, the carcasses are particle/chip board.
                  I agree. Our kitchen is barely 3m^2 and they were wanting close to £13k to fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I agree. Our kitchen is barely 3m^2 and they were wanting close to £13k to fit it.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X