• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxpayers Alliance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxpayers Alliance

They are not so much a group representing taxpayers, as a Tory political front. And they get funding by cheating taxpayers! How ironic. How Tory.
    Step outside posh boy

Yes, funny how the story pops up soon after Tony Bliars dodgy dealings are opened up.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      Yes, funny how the story pops up soon after Tony Bliars dodgy dealings are opened up.
      I suppose I am being insufficiently cynical. There is probably an unending supply of mud to sling on both sides.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
        I suppose I am being insufficiently cynical. There is probably an unending supply of mud to sling on both sides.
        Absolutely. Yet, I deny they have sides. They are politicians. They only give the appearance of sides: creating false dichotomies to divert the populace as their pockets are picked. They are them, we are us. Those are the real sides.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It does not look to me like cheating - now if they set it up and did not do any work that they claim they do, then that would be cheating (possibly fraud).

Just because Govt or Nu Liebor supporters don't like them does not mean they are cheats, in fact it only proves they are doing their job as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It does not look to me like cheating - now if they set it up and did not do any work that they claim they do, then that would be cheating (possibly fraud).

Just because Govt or Nu Liebor supporters don't like them does not mean they are cheats, in fact it only proves they are doing their job as intended.
            Claiming tax relief as a charity, while doing political work, is not allowed.
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Claiming tax relief as a charity, while doing political work, is not allowed.
              They doing work on behalf of taxpayers, ALL of them - not just those who vote Tory. It just so happens that Nu Liebor Govt is a bunch of thiefs who rob taxpayers, and of course from their point of view this is all "political".

Hence, it is perfectly legit in my view if they have charitable status. In fact the Govt should have put up extra money to such independent organisations.

Comment

They doing work on behalf of taxpayers, ALL of them - not just those who vote Tory. It just so happens that Nu Liebor Govt is a bunch of thiefs who rob taxpayers, and of course from their point of view this is all "political".

Hence, it is perfectly legit in my view if they have charitable status. In fact the Govt should have put up extra money to such independent organisations.
                It may be legitimate in your view, but it is not legitimate in the view of the laws that give charitable status. Lemme see, the law of the land, or the law of AtW? I'll have to get back to you on that one .....
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

True.

But I can see why lefties would get hotter under the collar than righties.

Comment

It may be legitimate in your view, but it is not legitimate in the view of the laws that give charitable status. Lemme see, the law of the land, or the law of AtW? I'll have to get back to you on that one .....
                    AtW has passed the citizenship test, I wager you haven't!
                    Last edited by Churchill; 21 December 2009, 11:41.

Comment

Working...
                    X