• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

District 9

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9

Saw it this weekend

What a movie,

Top of my Sci Fi list

Being an ex Saffa I found it a particularly poignent allegory to apartheid

Very thoughtful and clever
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

I prefer District 13
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

D13

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I prefer District 13
      Thats was the french one? I saw that a while ago as well, also very good
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I've seen the District Line.

That was also very moving.

Comment

I saw District 9 on DVD. It was a Russian pirate copy so I didn't realise the film was full of saffas.

Good film though.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Assault on Precinct 13 is also good - just think for a moment why such movies ain't made in UK: that's because police don't have firearms to defend themselves if such thing was to happen.

Comment

I prefer plan 9
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Assault on Precinct 13 is also good - just think for a moment why such movies ain't made in UK: that's because police don't have firearms to defend themselves if such thing was to happen.
                Er!

Yes they do!

Every police force in the UK has an armoury.
                All forces have a sufficient number of Armed Response Vehicles that work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. These are used to respond to spontaneous firearms incidents or incidents where the police use of firearms may be necessary.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Assault on Precinct 13 is also good
                  And it gave us the soundtrack to Xenon 2 Megablast.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Every police force in the UK has an armoury.
                    And in armoury they have got CS gas, night sticks etc? That would help against special forces like assault team shown in "Assault on Precinct 13"

Ask yourself, why did ENGLISH writer John Wyndham based his great book about triffids in the USA? That's in such event they got guns that can be used to defend themselves (how effectively is another matter).

Comment

Working...
                    X