• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reality sinks in...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality sinks in...

Reality hits

Yes Swiss tax rates aren't quite as attractive as City merchants think they are. Have to say when I heard about the max exodus to Switzerland I did wonder whether they'd really done their sums.
    I'm alright Jack

Yes, in fact, and I know a lot of you'll find this hard to believe, but they'd be best off setting up shop in Denmark. The tax rules are set up to encourage that type of entrepreneur. On top of that the top tax rate actually goes down next year.

Goes down so much, that all the accountants I know have been working 'illegal hours' since the announcement, as one of the changes means you can put get a minimum 6% up to ?30%? bonus from the government on your pension savings for the year if you run your own business.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That one was always a media story, but if it send Hector off on a wild goose Chase the that's just fine.

Meanwhile.....
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Reality sinks in...

Oh!

I thought you meant on CUK
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Reality hits

Yes Swiss tax rates aren't quite as attractive as City merchants think they are. Have to say when I heard about the max exodus to Switzerland I did wonder whether they'd really done their sums.
          Yes they do their sums and speak directly to the Swiss Canton and offer them a fixed yearly amount. Just like Tina Turner etc. Monthly tax deductions are just for the little people
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Yes they do their sums and speak directly to the Swiss Canton and offer them a fixed yearly amount. Just like Tina Turner etc. Monthly tax deductions are just for the little people
            It's true ... "only poor people pay taxes" ...

Comment

Why is the article wittering on about Geneva when the financial heart of Switzerland is Zürich?

Anyway, if you're that rich, settle in Zug or Nidwalden which have the lowest tax rates and are even closer to the mountains, and helicopter to work each day.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Why is the article wittering on about Geneva when the financial heart of Switzerland is Zürich?...
                Just spotted... lazy journalist based in Geneva.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                X