• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cfh Leeds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cfh Leeds

Anyone worked/working there? I've been offered a 6 monther there and I'm tempted but the only problem is that it's only 6 months. My current gig runs for the next 12 months at least and its only 15 mins away.

Leeds gig is over an hour away but double the monies. Deciding factor will be whether or not it's chaos there or if there is a structure in place. its a PM role by the way....
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Make sure you get a desk somewhere near a wall so you don't have to walk to far to beat your head against it when politics delay your project yet again!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is it for BT? What will you be doing? I spent 18 month working for BT on SPINE and LLSP, right up until they cut all the contractors and replaced us with Tech M blokes who we had to train. I'd imagine given the speed of the handover that BT forced and the quality of people we had to use that the plce must be in a right mess now!

The guy I had to train told me he had no experiance of Excel yet I was supposed to get him to produce all the KPI's, over the phone to India.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hope you haven't been offered the gig via Fuse (ie Pendragon reborn) as I believe they've been advertising the Leeds CFH roles along with many other agencies it has to be said.

If you were, then bargain hard on those T&Cs and don't accept their 30 day payment term!

You might want to keep the Money Claims Online url close to hand too.

Comment

Its to run their EPS service inplentation, I've run a project before when V1 cam out and its fairly straightfoward, the main challange being managing BT and their weid sense of timekeeping!
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

There isn't enough money in the world to get me to go back there.

Hope that help.

Comment

strange, my previous post seems to have taken on a language of its own! I certainly didn't type it out with so many mistakes!

Comment

Working...
              X