• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince2 foundation exam, any experience?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince2 foundation exam, any experience?

Is it that easy as the ITIL foundation? Any recommandation on books, notes, etc.?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko
    Is it that easy as the ITIL foundation? Any recommandation on books, notes, etc.?
    It's laughably easy. I believe the pass rate exceeds 90%...
    I think therefore I drink...

Comment

I looked at this the other day - I think you need somthing like 45% to pass the multiple choice exam ! - must be easy.....
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

a course is about £1200 I thought it may be an extra feather etc....
        Last edited by n5gooner; 8 December 2005, 08:08.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Piece of Piss N5. Do the mock exam papers each night on the course and you are guarenteed a pass cos you will have seen all the questions by the time you take the real one

Looks good on the CV, means bugger all in practice beyond being able to recognise a PID when you see one
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Prince 2 Foundation

Its a piece of Piss the Practitioner is a lot tougher though.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
              Its a piece of Piss the Practitioner is a lot tougher though.
              Agreed, but if you are up for the Practitioner (1 week residential usually) then do the following to (almost) ensure a pass:

1) Do the pre-reading. There isn't a lot, but it does make a difference at the start of the week when you actually commence the course. When I did it (2000) those that hadn't done the pre-reading were behind from the start and were struggling with the acronyms (SU, IP, DP, etc.).

2) Do the homework rather than get pi$$ed every night.

3) Pass the exam.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

And as I said a while back, in most situations I won't give you a job because you have the certificate, I'll give you one if you can demonstrate you have done that sort of work in the real world.

However, too many managers/Human Remains drones reject candidates on the basis of non-qualifications rather than experience, which is why (a) most major companies can't manage their way out of a paper bag and (b) too many good contractors struggle to get decent work.

ITIL Managers got devalued a few years ago (partly because ITIL is not about paperwork anyway, it's about people). Prince is rapidly disappearing down the same path. The Foundation exams are only good enough to teach you the terminology anyway.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                  And as I said a while back, in most situations I won't give you a job because you have the certificate, I'll give you one if you can demonstrate you have done that sort of work in the real world.
                  Agreed Malvolio, but isn't it so surprising that so many people at the interview claim to have such a wide and extensive experience in right what the company is looking for?

ITIL and Prince2 are disappearing? What do you suggest then?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio

ITIL Managers got devalued a few years ago (partly because ITIL is not about paperwork anyway, it's about people). Prince is rapidly disappearing down the same path.
                    Not if you want to do Govt work. Prince2 is the mandated project management methodology for govt projects and ITIL is fast becoming the service management standard as well.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X