• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1900 squid???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1900 squid???

What's all this about contractors having to pay another £1900 a year towards the five fruits a day coordinators etc.?

All I can see on this forum is random stuff about pensions and two year rules etc.

Or was it some sort of late April fools joke. I think the article said our beloved overlords in the PCG welcomed the tax rise or something.

The 0% corporation tax band on the first 10k of profit has been abolished.

Comment

that should encourage all of you losers to ditch your ltd and go for a nice'n easy offshore structure

only joking (before I get slated)
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

and no complaints?

Contractors are just too warm-hearted and generous. Rich pensioners march on parliament if their Council tax goes up by £3/week and get all the money back and more.

We just say thank you very much and let them seize another 3 days pay

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes
          The 0% corporation tax band on the first 10k of profit has been abolished.
          As has the pro rata sliding scale of 0% to 19% tax (on all profit) for 10K to 50K profit.

So it only affects contractors whose profit is less than 50K a year, and the nearer to 50K, the less you lose.

I don't think it will trouble anyone on here.

Comment

can I congratulate all contributers to the thread for spelling lose correctly (and loser)
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              As has the pro rata sliding scale of 0% to 19% tax (on all profit) for 10K to 50K profit.

So it only affects contractors whose profit is less than 50K a year, and the nearer to 50K, the less you lose.

I don't think it will trouble anyone on here.

I thought the article said it was up to 300K/year who lost out.

Even at 50K I could loose out if I put the full 215K into my sipp (what a looser).

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                can I congratulate all contributers to the thread for spelling lose correctly (and loser)
                Contributors.

Comment

Working...
                X