• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schumacher returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schumacher returns

It's on the usual news feeds that you can find for yourself if you can be arsed, but I'm seeing him being interviewed live now on the BBC News, so it's believable hearing it coming direct from the lying, cheating toe-rags face himself. Barring a last minute hitch, next years season could be awesome. And under Braun too, the man that could make a championship winner out of Button.

How's that for an hourly rate!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      How's that for an hourly rate!
      He was being paid something like $30m per year by Ferrari. That's quite a rate cut.
      Last edited by VectraMan; 23 December 2009, 19:26.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Actually he came over pretty well in the Jake Humphrey interview. His English has greatly improved over the years - he seems to have lost much of his accent.

Comment

Just watch out if you are overtaking him ...
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Possibly explains why other(s) left Brawn. Only the desperate will want to play second fiddle to Schumi.
            I liked Schmacher but his success was exaggerated at least partly due to not having to beat his team mate. As the old saying goes, "to win you first have to beat your teammate and that is the most difficult part because they have the same equipment". Back in Schumacher`s time, he often got many more testing miles than his team mate, it was also mentioned their cars received less treatment (hence not as reliable), and of course they were sacrifical lambs out on the track.
            Hat off to him though, he still won 7 championship, so he knew he could bring them home if the team backed him completely. I don't think everyone would play such a great No1 driver, but if they can handle that pressure, it does make the wins come a little easier though.

So if Brawn have the best car or even just the second or third best car, I wouldn't be surprised if it`ll be Schumi all the way as he`ll be a clear No1 in his team and receiving preferential treatment within Brawn. Even this year it appeared Barri was playing second fiddle until he threw his toys around and I think Brawn like to have a clear No1 driver. The person to partner Schumi I`m sure will be bound by contract to support theteams No1 driver.

Will be interesting viewing most definately, the Sport needs him back really to spice it up a little, an interesting comeback story. And if anyone can pull a comeback off, it is Schumacher. Could anyone imagine Damon Hill trying it?

And dare I mention it, a successful dream comeback by an ex-world champion could be just waht the sports needs after recent years.....could it be rigged to happen? I know I`ll be watching races next year, got bored with it over recent years so didn`t watch very often. Would Schumacher winning a comeback championship draw the viewers back longer term? Great marketing that would be
            Last edited by SuperZ; 23 December 2009, 21:01.

Comment

Yes, there is no 'I' in 'Team', but there is in 'Winner'.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Yes, there is no 'I' in 'Team', but there is in 'Winner'.
                ...and there's a 'u' in c*nt!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

There's no I in ego.

Comment

Received preferencial treatment or not, you don't win seven championships with luck (especially in a benneton when williams is the best car). Like it or not he's the best F1 driver there has ever been. I just hope he still has it.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X