• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colleague with nose out of joint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work alongside a guy in his 60’s. Normally a sound laugh, but he hates feeling hard done by.

I have been in an hour early over the last couple of days as have cleared my drive of snow the night before and have a car port, so easy enough to get up early and get to work before the madness of people not handling snow and ice well. Colleagues are coming in around 2 hours later, so I am gaining 3 hours.

Bad motorway reports and weather in the South Manchester area led me to leave yesterday around an hour before my usual time. I was in the office at 6:30am.

By coincidence I have to also leave half an hour early this evening to get the cat to cattery, as my holiday request for Christmas eve has been declined, and the cat has to get to cattery for when I am away over Christmas. got in for 7:15am, leaving at 2:45.

I have no more meetings, just waiting for devs to send me stuff to review, so may as well be anywhere.

Cantankerous old git next to me is really hacked off, saying I should move home to be closer to work.

If only I was still contracting – this is now my life!

.................................................. ......................
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Wilmslow

I really really love your posts

They raise issues, elevate hidden current events into the limelight, and entertain us all immensely.

Merry ChristmaSas and keep up the good work
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        my holiday request for Christmas eve has been declined
        I thought you were in one of those 80k permie jobs where you're sufficiently high up the food chain to not need to ask for days off? Most people I've seen at that level just don't bother to turn up in the office if they fancy a day off.

Comment

I have to say, whoever dreamed up the Wilmslooooooooooooooooow character and continues to dream up creative entertaining material deserves the award for poster of the year

the creative diversity of the Wilmsloooooooooow posts never cease to amaze me,

luv the bit about the car port and the holiday getting declined and the cat

excellent

TSDOAMA133/4

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            I have to say, whoever dreamed up the Wilmslooooooooooooooooow character and continues to dream up creative entertaining material deserves the award for poster of the year

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
              I thought you were in one of those 80k permie jobs where you're sufficiently high up the food chain to not need to ask for days off? Most people I've seen at that level just don't bother to turn up in the office if they fancy a day off.

Although on a lot less than 80k
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Hit him from the other side, then it'll be back in place.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                  .................................................. ......................
                  Is that Braille for "Wilmslow, you really are a clueless fuqwit!"?

Comment

piss on his shoes
                    that will teach him

Comment

Working...
                    X