• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subversion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subversion

Time to make sure everything's checked in before clearing my desk and commencing the journey benchwards

svn add 'C:\'
    svn commit -m 'Happy Christmas!'
    Cats are evil.

Comment

I refused to check my stuff in until I get back in January, do not want to be getting a call from some other team over the next 2 weeks asking what the hell I put in.

Comment

Benchward? You mean your contract's finished? Never mind, Mr Fitz, you can spend your time giving me lots of good free advice on technical.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Have a safe trip back home.
          Cheers Zeity

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Benchward? You mean your contract's finished? Never mind, Mr Fitz, you can spend your time giving me lots of good free advice on technical.
            Yep, game over today

Comment

There was a contractor at my last gig who on his last day, rather than do a proper update to merge did a checkout, copied his versions of the source over the top of that, and committed it all. Which led to lots of fun the following Monday when nothing would compile, and when we made it compile, we were left puzzled by all the recently fixed bugs that had crept back in.

So do that. Always a laugh.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                svn add 'C:\'
                svn commit -m 'Happy Christmas!'
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

IANAP, but when I used to write code on my Atari or Amiga, I would right a program, called, eg, "Fred".

I'd spend perhaps hours on it, and add many more lines of code.

The next day, I'd edit Fred, add more code, and then run it.

If I found a bug, I'd correct it.

Then save Fred over itself, so Fred was always up to date. Backup to floppy.

So what's all this malarkey about compiling, checking out, checking in, etc ?
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Yep, game over today
                    Good luck with your next term of servitude NF
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X