• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Father beaten in revenge attack after 'daring to protect neighbours'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father beaten in revenge attack after 'daring to protect neighbours'

A have-a-go hero was beaten in a revenge attack after he stood up to noisy teenagers who had tormented his elderly neighbours.

David Burgess was left with head and chest injuries after he was kicked and beaten on his own driveway but said he'd "do it all again" if he had to.

The 39-year-old had stepped out of his Flintshire home to stand up for his elderly neighbours who were tormented by noisy teens.

The gang dispersed, but minutes later father-of-three Mr Burgess was set upon by brothers Matthew Jones, 20, and Christian Jones, 19, while "many" younger local children circled around to watch.

Sentencing the brothers to youth custody yesterday, a judge said Mr Burgess was attacked in revenge for having "dared to protect his neighbours".

Speaking from his home on the Meadow Bank Estate in Holywell, Mr Burgess described the moment he was set upon.

"I was on the drive, they were around me and then next thing I know I'm on the floor," he said. "One of them kicked me in the ribs. I got a good kicking."

Emmalyne Downing, prosecuting, told how Mr Burgess suffered injuries to his ribs, lower back, head and elbows and since feared for his safety and that of his family. (AtW's comment: if he had effective means of self defence he would not have to live in fear)

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...eighbours.html

------------

Simple! hang Matthew and Christian Jones. Hang them in public and drag their useless carcasses through the streets as a warning to other scumbags.

If they did this to trash like them, then maybe the message would get through to the other brainless fckwits that plague society, that we are no longer willing to tolerate this kind of behaviour from what are essentially barely sentient antisocial animals.

I no longer have any tolerance for this kind of behaviour, I don't care if they are 14 or 40, society is better off with them removed from the gene pool. permanently.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

No, I think what is needed is for a group of otherwise quiet respectable people to gather together with a pig farmer and just dispose of these animals.

No public executions.

Just disappear.

Quietly and without too much fuss.

Many nations have managed to regain a hold on stability by use of this method.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Simple! hang Matthew and Christian Jones. Hang them in public and drag their useless carcasses through the streets as a warning to other scumbags.

If they did this to trash like them, then maybe the message would get through to the other brainless fckwits that plague society, that we are no longer willing to tolerate this kind of behaviour from what are essentially barely sentient antisocial animals.

I no longer have any tolerance for this kind of behaviour, I don't care if they are 14 or 40, society is better off with them removed from the gene pool. permanently.
        Exactly my view.

Comment

This would never have happened under the Tories
          Cyberman
          Funny how you miss something when it has gone.

Cyber would have been half right. The rest is interference from the EU that messes up the UK Legal System and stops us carrying out summary executions.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Simple! hang Matthew and Christian Jones.
            But you are forgetting about their Human Rights Diver.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Just remembering ours!

And the lilly livered liberal pantywaisters who say "It's not their fault, Society is to blame" need to get it into their thick heads, that it is not society that is to blame, it is the the softly softly do-gooders that have campaigned for years to get the dross and scum of this country more rights than their victims.

They should be given the opportunity to express their convictions and offered the offenders place on the gallows as a substitute. See how long their convictions last then.
              As far as I'm concerned, they are no better than the lowlife scum they support.

The only Christmas spirit they should get, is that pored over them before we set fire to them.

And I stand by my convictions. If they can't find anybody to hang the scum, I'll do it for free.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

[QUOTE=Diver;1032553]Just remembering ours!

And the lilly livered liberal pantywaisters who say "It's not their fault, Society is to blame" need to get it into their thick heads, that it is not society that is to blame, it is the the softly softly do-gooders that have campaigned for years to get the dross and scum of this country more rights than their victims.

QUOTE]

They have nobody but themselves to blame however, when HM Government act as bullies against other countries and their own citizens without impunity and the same gets copied down the ranks including the police then it gives the bullies on the street that extra encouragement.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Indeed, i think a holiday to Disneyland followed by an offroading course in Wales is what is required to sort these thugs out.

Comment

Send them to remote outpost in Afganistan, supply once a week with some food - they'd have to obtain ammo from the taleban. This should build their characters. Or kill them.

Then again maybe it's not a good idea - Taleban will probably just give them drugs

Comment

Working...
                    X